Seeking decent mattress for $500-$700

Hi bruby,

Hopefully you’ve read the mattress shopping tutorial here (which has a longer and a shorter version) which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Charlotte, NC area (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #2 here.

I would also suspect that the specs and information you were given are incomplete. If you can find out all the information in this article from the retailer you are dealing with and post it on the forum I’d certainly be happy to make some comments about the quality and durability of the materials in the mattress but without more complete information it’s not possible to make any meaningful comments or help identify any potential “weak links” in the mattress.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

Just in case you decide to consider online mattresses some of the better online options I’m aware of that are in lower budget ranges are listed in post #4 here and in posts #3 and #4 here.

There is also more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) in post #2 here that can help you assess and minimize the risks involved with each of them. With an online purchase from a company that has a good return policy (or even a good exchange policy) then you would have a trial period to decide whether the mattress is a good “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) and there is much less risk involved in making a choice that isn’t suitable for you because you can just return or exchange it for little and in some cases no cost if it doesn’t work out as well as you hoped for.

Phoenix