Select Foam Cirrus Luxe-ES 13 Initial & Continuing Review

We received our king size Select Foam Cirrus Luxe - ES 13 mattress and Reverie Deluxe adjustable frame yesterday. We had some delivery issue initially; but a quick email to Select Foam resolved this very quickly.

The mattress is extremely comfortable. It’s a bit firmer than the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe, but this is anticipated during the breaking in period. The mattress has no off-gassing or any strange odors. The mattress is relatively heavy, but appears to be constructed very well.

My wife and I slept extremely well the first night. We did not sleep hot at all; even with new Bamboo sheets and a water proof mattress protector on the bed. My wife stated that the Bamboo sheets were very luxurious and felt like silk sheets. Needless to say we did not want to get out of bed. My wife gets up earlier than I do, this is the first time in quite a while I did not feel her get up.

The only issue with the mattress is that the cover was different than the one pictured on the Select Foam web-site. I contacted Select Foam and informed them of this. They informed me that the Cirrus Luxe covers were back ordered and they shipped some of the Cirrus Luxe mattresses with the Regalis cover in order to not delay shipment. Select Foam stated they will ship me Cirrus Luxe cover when it comes in or I can keep the Regalis cover. They will pay for return shipping.

Matching the Cirrus Luxe with the Reverie Deluxe adjustable base is like icing on the cake. The Reverie Deluxe motors are very quiet. My only complaint is that the remote does not always respond immediately. According to the Owner’s Manual this could be due to RF interference. It’s not a major issue. Overall the base functions extremely well.

Overall, I’m extremely happy with my sleep system. I highly recommend Select Foam to my family and friends. Their Customer Service has been outstanding and very attentive. If you like the Tempupedic Cloud Luxe, you will not be disappointed with the Select Foam Cirrus Luxe. Plus saving thousand dollars does not hurt either.

My only outstanding issue now is that my new Latex Pillow is keeping my head hot. As soon as I flip the pillow over it’s cool, but it starts retaining heat. Not sure what I can do to resolve this.

Hi cviz,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed and informative review. I appreciate it :slight_smile:

This could depend on the pillow cover, the softness or type of the latex, or how it compares to the pillow you are used to sleeping on (any foam is an insulator compared to natural fibers for example). What pillow do you have and what type of cover (pillow protector and/or pillowcase) are you using?

Phoenix

Phoenix,

It’s a Dreams Solution Latex Pillow from Sears. The tag states it’s 100% Latex Foam. It’s rather soft. The pillow cover is 100% cotton, and I have it in a bamboo pillow case. Not sure why it’s retaining heat. Would a firmer latex pillow do the same?

Hi cviz,

The talaloft is a Latex International brand which uses talalay latex which is a very breathable foam relative to other types of foam.

Both the cotton cover and the bamboo pillowcase would normally provide good ventilation and moisture wicking so this also wouldn’t be an obvious cause. Since the cover zips off it may be worth trying either the cotton cover or the bamboo pillowcase by itself to see if either of these make a difference and are contributing to the sleeping temperature. If I had to guess I would say that the higher thread count cotton cover may be warmer than the bamboo but your own experience would of course be a more reliable test.

You won’t sink in as far into a firmer pillow which would make it less insulating and possibly cooler as well but of course there would be the tradeoff that it may not feel as good for you. Shredded latex will also be more ventilating than solid latex.

Overall it could just be one of those more subjective things that may be partly connected to how it compares to what you are used to sleeping on (people that are used to warmer pillows may call it cool and those who are used to cooler pillows may call it warm) or where each person can be more or less sensitive to different things, including temperature, than others.

Phoenix

Hi cviz.

Just received my Cirrus Luxe yesterday, along with my Reverie Deluxe adjustable base. I too think that this pairing is fantastic.

Initial thoughts on the mattress:

1. I was shocked at how quickly the mattress took shape after un-packaging. Literally in less than 5 minutes, it looked good to go. I had thought this would take a number of hours.

2. Fairly disappointed at the initial firmness of the mattress. In the evening, after about 6-7 hours of post un-packaging, I was expecting a bit more give to the top layer. I understand that there is a ‘break-in’ period though and will be keeping my eyes on this over the next few days. I have to wonder how it could become significantly softer than it currently is though. Doesn’t seem to be possible.

3. I received the proper cover, so no issue there. I do however have to put my 100% cotton allergy zip cover on it, which I believe will contribute to less softness and increased sleep temperature. Not sure what my options are around optimizing this without replacing it with a hybrid cover.

4. First night’s sleep was outstanding. I don’t believe I moved from my initial back-sleeping position even one time. Even though I think I want the softer feel, maybe the mattress is perfect for me the way it is.

5. Haven’t put any research yet into the sheets, and was wondering if you are happy with the bamboo ones you mentioned getting. If so, would you mind sharing your source for these?

Initial thoughts on the base:

1. Initially I thought that the wheels on the Reverie would contribute to instability, but they really do lock down nicely to eliminate that concern.

2. The base came with some adjustable headboard stabilizer arms to attach, but I don’t really see the need to use them, at least initially, because the base seems to be super stable without them. Did you use these?

3. The massage function shakes the entire upstairs and sounds like someone is either flying a helicopter directly overhead, or drilling into the ground directly underneath. This definitely won’t be a feature that I will be using much if I want my family to continue to love me.

4. Absolutely love the zero gravity position while reading. I will have to put this adjustable base up there with one of the most amazing things I never knew I had to have until I actually did.

I will update my initial thoughts in a few days.

Best Regards,

-Jeromey

Hi jeromeylewis,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback. I appreciate it.

This is completely normal and all memory foam will go through an initial softening or breakin period (which will normally take more than a few days by the way) that can make a real difference. The suggestions in post #2 here may be helpful and a phone call to Select Foam may also provide a few more suggestions that can help with the initial firmness as well. You will also go through an adjustment period with any new sleeping surface which will change your perceptions of the mattress as well.

I can certainly relate to this. We put some rubber cups under the feet of our Reverie (like these) which certainly helps but I still wouldn’t use it if there was anyone below you that was sensitive to “some” vibration :slight_smile:

Phoenix

I’ve had my Cirrus Luxe for serveral weeks now and absolutely love the mattress and adjustable base. Then mattress has soften a little, but my wife and I think it’s perfect. I sleep like a rock and very rarely move. I know I’m getting more REM sleep as I’m experiencing more dreams now than I have over the last several years. Definitely a great investment. If anyone is looking for a Tempurpedic knock-off check out Select Foam.

Just a quick update. I’ve had my Cirrus Luxe for close to a month now. Absolutely love the mattress. Always look forward to good nights sleep. The mattress has soften a bit, but it’s not too soft. Still provides ample support. The side support is excellent no dip in the mattress when sleeping close to the edge. Motion isolation is excellent and never feel my wife get up in the morning. I also know I am getting a great REM sleep as I am dreaming more, than I did over the past serveral years on our old mattress.

My biggest issue was trying to find an adequate pillow to provide the necessary support when I sleep on my side. The first pillow I purchased was the Dream Solutions Latex Pillow from Sears. The pillow is very soft and not very high. It’s great for back and stomach sleepers, but not side sleepers. The next set of pillows we got were shredded latex pillows we found at a local store called Tuesday Morning. This pillow solved my side sleep issue. The best $25 I spend on a pillow.

We also ordered the Reverie Deluxe adjustable frames. Thus far they’ve been excellent.

Again, we are very happy with our purchase and would recommend the mattress to anyone look for a Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe mattress.

Hi cviz,

Thanks for another great update.

I’m currently sleeping on shredded latex pillows as well :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Just a quick update. I’ve been sleeping on this mattress for 3 months so far and I still love it. Was away on vacation recently and really missed my bed. Once you sleep in this mattress, nothing else will do.