Select Foam vs. Tempurpedic and Serta

Hi there. We looked at Tempurpedic mattresses today and although we loved them, the price is outrageous. We also looked at the Serta icomfort mattresses. I have been doing a lot of research and notice that many people have problems with getting really hot in the memory foam mattresses. Has anyone had these problems with beds from Select Foam? We are in Miami so we are planning to go see them tomorrow, but I just thought I would ask. Thanks so much everyone!

Hi Stef1999,

As you can see in these guidelines … Tempurpedic and Serta are manufacturers I wouldn’t consider but Select Foam / Brickell Mattress is one of the members of this site and they are completely transparent about the quality of the materials they use. You are fortunate to be able to test them in person because they are usually sold online. They have them set up in their store along with the Tempurpedic lineup (and some super premium brands as well) so you can compare them side by side and they are certainly good quality and value.

Post #1 here has some of the basic information steps and guidelines that may be helpful (including some suggestions about testing mattresses) and some of the other options or possibilities in the Miami area are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix