selectfoam cirrus-luxe vs regalis-luxe

Well, after procrastinating for over a year, mostly because I didn’t want to buy a mattress sight unseen, I’ve ordered a selectfoam cirrus-luxe 13!! This was made easier by visiting the store in Miami on Brickell Ave while we were in southern Florida returning from a cruise.

I anticipated that we would purchase a Regalis mattress since we prefer a firm mattress. Visiting the store and meeting Pedro (aka Peter) was enlightening. Pedro, by the way, is a gem!! I immediately asked to trial the Regalis - as I was convinced this was going to be my mattress (see my earlier posts aksing about the regalis)! I am a side sleeper (5’9", 180 lb) and Pedro noticed that my spine was not straight while side sleeping on the Regalis. He didn’t think it was the right mattress for me, perhaps because I’m not heavy enough for my hip and shoulder to sink down and align with my spine on such a firm mattress. He suggested that I try the Cirrus-luxe, which was noticeably softer (more of the sinking in, enveloping feeling that you get with some foam mattresses) but very comfortable indeed! He showed my wife how my spine was probably aligned and, although I thought a firm mattress was for me, I was very comfortable on the Cirrus-luxe. Of course, a 45 minute experience in the store might not equate to the experience of owning the mattress, but that’s what makes mattress shopping such a crap shoot! Hopefully I won’t find it too soft but dang - it sure was comfortable in the store! Anyway, we’re going with the Cirrus-luxe 13" king size. Pedro said our current box spring should suffice as a foundation (saving us $200). It should ship in the next week so I’ll keep you posted.

Hi bed-dazzled,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback about Brickell Mattress … I appreciate it!

It’s fortunate that you were able to test their mattresses in person so you could confirm which of their mattresses was the best match for you in terms of PPP based on your own personal experience.

Most importantly … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I think you made a great quality/value choice and I’m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

NOTE ADDED: Because of ongoing customer service issues and delays Select Foam’s membership has been terminated and I would read the warning here before considering them.

We placed the order for our Cirrus Luxe with Pedro (who is awesome!!!) shortly after Christmas in the Miami showroom. He said it would ship in 2 weeks and we would receive an email with the tracking # when it shipped. Actually, it took closer to 3 weeks and we never received the tracking # email. We were pleasantly surprised to find the cardboard box leaning against our garage door one evening. Luckily it wasn’t pouring rain, although the mattress was totally sealed in plastic anyway. Regardless, we were pleased to have our new mattress delivered to our home within 3 weeks of placing the order!

It comes rolled up, compressed, and tightly bound in plastic and shipped in a carton. Hard to believe it would expand to a king size mattress, but it did! We let it “air out” for 48 hours before using it. There is still a slight odor even after a couple of weeks - only when you sit or lay down on it. I think the compression forces out some air that has a mild odor. I am very sensitive to/intolerant of odors, but I don’t find it offensive or over-powering.

We find the mattress is VERY, VERY comfortable. It molds to body contour, but isn’t mushy. I don’t feel that I’m sinking deep into the foam and having it envelope me. I feel support in all places of contact, but it gives, it’s not hard. I rotate sleep positions (mostly side and back, and infrequently on my stomach) and have been comfortable in all. There’s almost no bounce when the “bed partner” rolls over or get’s out of bed. It has not slept excessively warm - I’m still trying to figure out if it’s appreciably warmer than our old traditional mattress. My impression after several weeks is that we chose well (and/or were counseled well by Pedro).

I am taking the time to share our impressions because other people’s posted comments have been very helpful to us. There were posts about poor response to customers dissatisfaction that made us wary to purchase from Selectfoam. However, during a very extended period of time shopping (because we’re so cautious) we’ve had prompt responses to all pre-purchase inquiries made to Pedro and Juan ( I realize that pre-purchase inquiries might elicit a more enthusiastic response than buyer’s remorse!). Luckily we haven’t needed to contact them as we are content so far! Will post again if our impression changes!

Hi bed-dazzled,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and update … I appreciate it!

It’s great to see that your new mattress is working out so well for you :slight_smile:

Phoenix