Serta Ethereal Latex Collection

Hi marcie7467,

I would tend to avoid all the major brands including Serta but at the very least I would make sure you know the specifics of every layer in the mattress. It’s not likely that it uses 100% natural Talalay and it’s also not likely that it’s an all latex mattress.

I would be particularly careful with a latex mattress that had a 1.5" warranty exclusion. You can read more about warranties in post #174 here and as you can see they are mostly about marketing and have nothing to do with the useful life of a mattress or in most cases your ability to replace it when foam softening leads to the loss of comfort and support.

I would tend to stick to the guidelines in post #1 here and avoid the major brands completely … but at the absolute minimum I would want to know the specifics of every layer in the mattress before I considered it and it’s not likely that you will be able to find this out from Serta.

Once you start looking at major brands your odds of ending up with a good quality and value mattress are substantially lower.

Phoenix