serta or sealy??

im torn between these two mattresses, Serta Perfect Sleeper Ravensworth Full Plush Mattress on amazon, heres the url to the page - Amazon.com. And a sealy posturepedic plus on sears.com, heres that url- sears.com/sealy-posturepedic-leola-cushion-firm-full-mattress-only/p-08217647000P?prdNo=19&blockNo=19&blockType=G19 I’m 5 foot 6 inches tall and weigh about 180lbs so im kinda heavy in the pelvic area. The serta has the continuos coil system, 14.75 gauge and is 12 inches thick, it has 2.75 inches of “comfort hd foam” on top and a layer of “cool twist gel memory foam”. They dont post the density of this “comfort hd foam” though?? The sealy pos plus is a marshall coil system, it has 580 coils in the “full” size and they are 13.75 gauge. Its 13 inches thick and weighs 80 pounds (the serta weighs 60 pounds). I called sealy and they couldnt tell me much about the comfort layers, they said its a combination of polyutherane foam and a layer of their marvelux foam (support foam). My last bed had 15.5 gauge marshall coils and i hated it. Please give me as much input as possible on these? Longevity? Comfort? Thank you phoenix

ADMIN NOTE: Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint 1: Amazon.com | Archived Footprint 2: sears.com/sealy-posturepedic-leola-cushion-firm-full-mattress-only/p-08217647000P?prdNo=19&blockNo=19&blockType=G19

just to add to that, the srta coil system in that post uses a zoned continuos coil system, it has more coil in the middle of the mattress which appeals to me, but its 14.75 gauge. The sealy has stronger steel, 13.75 gauge but its a marshall system. so i wonder if sertas continuos design makes up for using a tad weaker string of coil (14.75). I bought the BB latex mattress a few weeks ago and didnt like it at all, i miss the support of an innerspring. So the serta having the 2.75 inches of “comfort foam” kinda worries me. but again, with it having that coil system underneath it sounds pretty supportive and comfy at the same time. And idk if the sealy pos plus 13.75 gauge will have alot of strength? Plus they dont give out alot of info on the upholstery. But the sealy does weigh 20 pounds more then the serta, so that kinda makes me think its built better? Im definitely confused but i do have it narrowed down to one of these beds.

Hi jjp603,

The best place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

As you can see in the guidelines here … I would avoid both Sealy and Simmons mattresses or any mattress where you aren’t able to confirm the quality and durability of the materials inside it no matter how they may feel in a showroom.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for (or that doesn’t feel as close to another mattress as you hoped it would) that are involved in each of them and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability, durability, and value.

Needless to say … I would avoid both of the mattresses you are considering.

Phoenix