Shopping,gladto have found this resource.

Long story, I am returning the Saatva I bought a few weeks ago and I’m going to actually shop for the best mattress for me.

I travel between Newburgh and Poughkeepsie, NY most days (Zipcodes 12550 and 12601). There are many mattress stores in this area, some big names and some independent.

Can you recommend a good shop or two to begin?

I bought two Simmons mattresses recently, a Park Hall plush that was lost in a fire at about 6 months old and another Park-something, also plush that I bought for my grandmother a few weeks ago. I liked both of these but I admit I have not shopped any. I was sleeping on a Lifekind organic latex mattress that is 3 separate layers in a zippered cover that does not work for me at all.

Any recommendations that can shorten the process are quite welcome. I really need some good sleep.

Thanks for everything here, I am off to read up on the shopping articles.
Pointy

Hi pointydog,

I’m sorry to hear that your Saatva didn’t work out for you but the good news is that they have a good return policy which makes it relatively “painless” to return their mattress if it’s not a good “match” for you.

The mattress shopping tutorial (which is hopefully the shopping article you meant) has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you with “how” to make the best possible choices … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

When you reach step 3 some of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area are included in post #4 here but as you can see there aren’t as many great options close to you as there are in other areas of the country.

The tutorial also includes links to several lists of the better online retailers and manufacturers that I’m aware of (in the optional online step) if you are considering another online purchase.

Phoenix