Side Sleeper looking for Latex Mattress

I talked to Amazon returns dept today. They would call a freight company for returning a mattress like this.
They would not charge me the full freight shipping charge. They figure out the normal shipping rate which in my case would be $102.00. The mattress has to go back to Ky.

So I called Brooklyn Bedding today and talked to Jacob. He was very knowledgeable and helpful. After talking with him about the mattress on Amazon and the ones that Brooklyn Mattress sells direct I decided to go with the Cool Luxe memory foam mattress. He thinks it may work for me compared to the latex.

Also since this is a new selling mattress for them they will do returns at no cost to the buyer which was the selling point for me. Got the 5% off because of this forum too which helped.

I will let you know how it works out once I receive it.

Hi jet757f,

I’m glad you were able to get some accurate information from Amazon.

I also agree with you about the knowledge and service of the people at Brooklyn Bedding

The Cool Luxe memory foam mattress is certainly a great quality choice and once again … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to hearing your feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix

I ordered the Cool Luxe from Brooklyn Bedding on Mon and received on Friday. The bed feels really soft and plush. Initially it had a sweet smell. Now I don’t smell anything.

The bed is in a heavy roll wrapped with plastic. I pushed it into the bedroom and layed it across the bed. Just held the roll and unraveled the plastic and then it started expanding. It was real easy compared to the latex bed.

It has been real hot here but I did not have any heat issues with the bed last night.

I woke up in the morning numb on both sides but no pain. I feel like my mattress protector is changing the feel of the bed. I ordered this real thin terry cloth mattress protector from Brooklyn Bedding that was recommended to me by Jacob, While I’m waiting for it to arrived I have tucked my current mattress protector over to one side. I will see how it feels sleeping on it tonight.

Hi jet757f,

Thanks for the update :slight_smile:

The Cool Luxe is a very soft mattress (they have told me that if anything it may be a little softer than the Cloud Luxe) but a mattress protector can certainly change the way a memory foam mattress feels and performs for better or for worse … especially if it is thicker or interferes with the softening of the memory foam with body heat. It will be interesting to see how much of a difference a different protector will make for you.

I’m looking forward to any further updates you have the chance to provide.

Phoenix

I just wanted to give a followup about SleepEZ. As I mentioned in my previous post I returned a mattress to them.
Once they received the mattress back I received a refund check (I had paid cash) from them within a couple of days.
SleepEZ is an example of how all companies should be run. Excellent Professional well run company that I would feel
comfortable buying a mattress from again anytime.

Hi jet757f,

I would certainly agree with this as well. Thanks for your comments.

Phoenix