Simplified Choice Mattresses aka Disruptors, Bed In A Box, One Choice Fits All, Universal Comfort, Millennial Mattresses

Hi Rink,

You can see some comments about the Loom & Leaf mattress in post #5 here.

I would avoid any mattress where the manufacturer or retailer isn’t either willing or able to provide you with all the information in this article (including the type and thickness and density of any memory foam or polyfoam layers) so you can identify any lower quality materials or weak links in the mattress that could compromise the durability and useful life of the mattress and allow you to make more meaningful comparisons with other mattresses.

A density “range” of 1.3 lbs/ft3 and 1.8 lbs/ft3 includes lower quality materials that I would avoid and better quality/density materials that meet the minimums in the durability guidelines here for someone in a BMI range of under 30 and if they either can’t or won’t provide more specific density information than they are giving you I would avoid it because the risk of premature foam softening and breakdown and the loss of comfort and support over time would be too high.

I would also keep in mind that mattress warranties only cover manufacturing defects in the materials and components in a mattress and don’t cover foam softening and the gradual loss of comfort and support in the materials and components over time (or more rapid in the case of less durable materials) that would be normal for any mattress and which is the most likely reason that someone would need to replace their mattress. They also don’t cover visible impressions that are less than the warranty exclusion. In other words warranties have little to do with the durability or useful life of a mattress or how long it may be until you you are no longer sleeping well on a mattress and need to buy a new one. If there is an actual defect in the materials it will usually show up early in the life of the mattress but knowing the quality and durability of the materials in your mattress is always a much more reliable way to assess the durability and useful life of a mattress than the length of a warranty. There is more about mattress warranties in post #174 here.

Phoenix