Sleep EZ 10,000 Six Month Review

Hello! This forum was so helpful to me when I needed to replace our beloved but very old mattress. I wanted a Savvy Rest and was willing to get one until I read about Sleep Ez on this forum. After much thought, we ordered a Sleep Ez mattress over Memorial Day. (May 2014). We saved lots of $$$ buying the Sleep Ez instead of the Savvy Rest.

After six months of use, here are my thoughts:

Here’s what we got:
Queen bed, split
Both sides are firm, medium, and soft (We purchased a split in case we wanted to adjust any of the layers.)
Firm and medium are natural dunlop. The soft is blended talalay.
5.5 inch foundation

Delivery
UPS delivered the bed. It came in four boxes. I was home when UPS delivered. They are big boxes, so neighbors would see them sitting on a porch if this is an issue for you. It wasn’t for me.

Set Up
So easy! The foundation went together quickly, in less then 20 minutes. The directions in the box, if memory serves, were lacking. I watched the online video and then put it together. The cover went snuggly over the foundation. Once the cover was on the foundation, you’d never know it was different than a traditional “box spring”.

The mattress went together quickly too. I remember it being hot that day and I worked up a little sweat by the end. Nothing major. Just moving the pads around, “waving” them into place, and zipping the cover. There was no odor or problem with the layers. One of the layers had a tiny pucker appearance in one corner. Six months later, you’d never know it is there. In fact, I haven’t thought about it until I wrote this review.

Sleeping
We liked the mattress right away. It was comfortable and slept well. After a night or so, my husband felt it “slept hot”. Remember, this was in June. So I put two layers of 100% cotton blankets between the mattress and our sheets. That helped a great deal.

After several week, we thought the mattress was a little too soft. So we ran a little test. We moved two of the medium layers to G’s side. This meant his setup was firm, medium, medium. For the test, I slept on firm, soft, soft. (I deserve a saint award for that! :lol:) He really liked and was sure he’d swap his soft layer for a medium layer.

Then we swapped. (and he got the saint award for sleeping on a soft mattress) For me, firm, medium, medium was TOO firm. Then a lightbulb went off.

I remembered when I shopped for the Savvy Rest the salesperson mentioned something about stacking the layers firm, soft, medium. So I gave it a try. I LOVED IT. We did the same for G’s side of the bed. He loved it!

And six months later, that’s how the layers remain.

I no longer have hip pain when I wake up in the morning. The mattress just feels “good”. Sorry that isn’t more specific.

As for that sleeping hot issue, the bed was warm in the summer. Once the season turned to fall and now winter, this isn’t a problem.

I would highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend this bed to anyone. Just be aware that you might need to futz with the layers a little to get the perfect firmness.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Hi LemonPan,

Thanks for taking the time to share your 6 month update in such detail … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

This type of layering with a firmer layer over a softer layer is called a dominant layer. There is more about this type of layering in post #33 here and it’s certainly a “feel” and layering combination that many people like and do well with.

It’s great to see that everything worked out so well for you … and thanks again!

Phoenix