Sleep EZ 13000 - do these layers sound Ok for my weight?

Hi MushroomHunter,

The glue that is used in fabricating the larger sizes of Talalay latex is non toxic, latex based, and is very strong (as strong as the latex itself). If it comes from a good supplier such as the ones that SleepEz and other reputable manufacturers use (as opposed to someone that is gluing scrap pieces together that have different ILD’s), you won’t feel it and it won’t come apart.

There is a lot of misleading information on the web about the different types of latex and much of it is inaccurate. This is especially true when people are comparing Dunlop to Talalay and a lot of people try to portray one as “better” than another when they are really just different. Each has it’s own strengths and they have a definite difference in feel. You can read more about the different types of latex in this article.

As an example … I prefer the feel of Talalay over Dunlop but others who are just as knowledgeable about latex would have a preference for Dunlop over Talalay and some may prefer a mix of the two. I also know people whose “ideal” mattress is latex over an innerspring. All of these are high quality and durable materials and a matter of preference.

The best way to know the difference and which you may prefer would be to do some local testing on both if that is possible in your area.

Phoenix