Sleep EZ Covers

Do you have any good photos to share of the stretch cover? The photos purchasers have posted on the Mattress Underground site don’t look like the one photo found on the Sleep EZ site. How substantial is the zipper? Does it hold the layers together well? It has a one year warranty? Do you ever have sales on covers?

Other than the difference in materials is it mostly a matter of preference and feel between the stretch cover and the more traditional cotton/wool mattress cover which seems like it would be more substantial but also have more of an effect on the feel of the latex underneath? Is that a reasonable statement? Thanks for your help.

Thank you so much for the inquiry! Our stretch cover has changed a few times over the last 43 years, but I’ve attached a picture to this post showing what the cover looks like now.

We use a heavy-duty Nylon zipper and the zipper and cover will hold all your layers together perfectly. The cover has a 1 year warranty against manufacturer’s defects. We do not normally discount the covers, but I’d be happy to offer a 5% Mattress Underground discount if you use the coupon code MUG at checkout.

You are correct, the two cover types give a different feel to the mattress – anything you place between yourself and the latex affects the way you contour into the latex. Our cotton & wool cover has 1" of wool that is good at temperature regulation and wicking away moisture. The 4-way stretch cover allows you to contour directly into the latex, making for a plusher feel. As such, the stretch cover gives a plusher feel to the mattress and the cotton & wool cover aids in temperature regulation and wicking away moisture. Please keep in that if you are planning on splitting your layers, you would feel the split in the top layer with the stretch cover, so you may want to get one solid layer for the top of the mattress if you’re choosing the stretch cover. You would not be able to feel the split in your layers if you get the cotton & wool cover.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your helpful answer. I ordered one this evening. I’m looking forward to receiving it.

Hi benjammin,

Thank you so much for the order! I’m certainly glad that I was able to help, and if I can be of any additional assistance, please just let me know!

Hi!

I also have a couple of questions about your stretch mattress cover. In your photo, it looks like the stretchy fabric covers the first third of the top & sides of the mattress, before it then attaches to the woven(?)/quilted fabric, on the bottom two-thirds, with an enclosed zipper. Is this correct?

Can you provide a website link to this cover?

Thanks!

Hi Janeway, and thanks for the inquiry! You are correct, the top panel is our 4-way stretch fabric and the bottom panel is quilted cotton. The stretch cover can be viewed and purchased here - https://www.sleepez.com/collections/types?q=Cover

Thanks. Your website photo does not match what you just posted here, so I wanted to be sure.
I have some additional questions after reading post #3 https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/stretch-covershere. Will I have more degradation of my 3 latex layers sooner, if I use your stretch knit cover, over all 3, vs using the thicker wool cover over the bottom 2 layers and pairing that with a 3" topper, enclosed in a stretch case?

Hello again Janeway! The post by DIYNaturalBedding is accurate, the stretch cover allows more air to get to the latex. Latex is a naturally biodegradable product and the edges will dry out a bit as it ages, and since the stretch cover will allow more air to get to the latex, the stretch cover will cause the latex to break down a bit sooner than the cotton & wool cover would. However, latex mattresses typically last 20 years (and some customers have had their mattress for 30 and even 40 years). As such, I normally recommend that customers make their decision based on what they will be comfortable on for the next 20 years instead of being uncomfortable for 30 years. Additionally, the drying that happens to latex won’t affect the entire layer, it normally only affects the outer edges. Most drying that I’ve encountered only moves in about 3-4 inches all the way around the border, and this happened around the 12-15 year mark. The most drying I’ve ever seen was an instance where the dryness moved in about 5 inches around the edges, and this was on a mattress that was already 25 years old. If you’re looking to extend the longevity of your latex, the best thing you can do it keep it in a climate-controlled setting and keep the mattress out of direct sunlight.

We received the stretch cover yesterday. Assembly with four layers was easy (with two people). The cover seems to be well-made. The zipper seems to be of good quality. I had a good night’s sleep last night. I had forgotten how having a real cover changes the feel of the bed. It is firmer, but in a good way. Thanks for your help!

Oh good! Well thank you so much for the feed back, and I’m very glad to hear that the cover is working out for you! If there’s anything else we can do, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks for the info!

After looking at the photo of the stretch case you attached above, I’m wondering if you would allow this stretch case to be substituted (inc. the apropriate price reduction), for the regular wool/cotton case that comes with your Select Sleep 10" mattress? This would give me the ability to remove, (if I need more contouring from the latex) the top 3" core, put it into your zippered topper case (assuming this case will fit a core layer), and use it as a topper. I could then make some mods to the top of the stretch mattress case to make it lay flat on the remaining 2 cores. With both options, I’d probably be able to get the comfort/pressure point relief I need. Thanks!

Hello again Janeway! We could ship the mattress with our 4-way stretch organic cotton cover instead of the cotton & wool cover, that is not a problem! Just a couple of things to keep in mind: the stretch cover takes about 1 week to make because it is a custom cover, and there would be no extra discount for getting the stretch cover instead of the cotton & wool cover.
Please keep the following in mind as well: you could start with a 7" mattress (with cotton & wool cover) and 3" topper (with 4-way stretch cover), and this would be the same cost as the 10" mattress. Or, if you get our 10" cotton & wool cover and decide that you want to turn your mattress into a 7" mattress with 3" topper, you could ship us the 10" cover and we’ll alter it to a 7" cover and ship it back to you with a 3" stretch topper cover. There would be no charge for the stretch cover or the alteration, but we would ask that you pay the cost of shipping to and from your location. Please note that we don’t normally alter the 4-way stretch cover. If you decide to get the 10" stretch cover and alter it yourself, I cannot attest to how successful this will be, the side panels are difficult to alter on the stretch cover and takes a long time to do.