Sleep EZ Mattress help!

Hi,

I don’t have the sleep ez showroom near me and I am relying completely on the reviews online and loads of study on this website. I have narrowed down my search to sleep ez organic mattress 10" (soft talalay, medium dunlop, firm dunlop) and 360 hybrid pillowtop (talalay, medium plush). Which one will be the right choice and why?

Me: 120 lbs, 4’5" side + back sleeper
Him:170 lbs, 5’10" side +back sleeper+ hot sleeper

TIA!

Hi confusedsoul, and welcome to The Mattress Underground :slight_smile:

[quote] I don’t have the sleep ez showroom near me and I am relying completely on the reviews online and loads of study on this website. I have narrowed down my search to sleep ez organic mattress 10" (soft talalay, medium dunlop, firm dunlop) and 360 hybrid pillowtop (talalay, medium plush). Which one will be the right choice and why?

Me: 120 lbs, 4’5" side + back sleeper
Him:170 lbs, 5’10" side +back sleeper+ hot sleeper [/quote]
To start off, it’s worth mentioning that no one can tell you with certainty what mattress is right for you and your partner. Any mattress you choose will be unique to the two of you based on your on your stats (height, BMI, sleeping position(s) and any underlying health conditions) and your PPP( posture and alignment, pressure relief and personal preferences). In case you haven’t already, I recommend reading the Mattress Shopping Tutorial as well as theMattress Specifications You Need To Know and the Mattress Durability Guidelines , to familiarize yourself with the different materials and components in mattresses and how long they will last. Latex is a very durable material, as long as you both enjoy the feel and can decide on a firmness level. You can try various types, thicknesses and comfort levels at a local mattress showroom just to see what feels best before you contact SleepEZ so you can determine what may or may not be suitable for you both.

As you both have lower BMIs, you should not have any difficulty in finding a great mattress through Trusted Member of the site Arizona SleepEZ Factory, They have a lot of experience matching consumers to their ideal mattress. I would suggest you call and give them your stats and explain what you are looking for and the problems you are having with your current mattress; they also have a dedicated Forum Page here where you can enquire directly. They offer excellent quality mattresses and have a generous return/layer exchange policy.

Latex itself sleeps cooler than memory foam - latex is more porous and breathable, while memory foam can both break down prematurely as well as trap heat next to the surface of the skin, causing many people to sleep ‘hot’, you can also look into a more breathable fabric cover or topper if your boyfriend still has issues after you decide on a new mattress.

I wish you success on your search,

~ Basilio

Thank you Basilio! I did more research after asking this question and now I added Nest bedding owl to the comparison too. Now I am confused between SleepEZ 360 hybrid and Nest bedding owl. I really like that the 360 hybrid has the option choose the top layer between Talalay and Dunlop whereas the owl comes with Dunlop only. Is Talalay better for side sleepers than Dunlop? What do you think?

Hi confusedsoul,

The choice between Dunlop and Talalay is entirely up to personal preference. Talalay is considered a bit ‘bouncier’ and Dunlop a bit more pliant. The common comparison is the difference between pound and angel food cake. Both the SleepEZ 360 Hybrid and theNest Bedding Owl Hybrid are great well made mattresses, and for your size and sleeping positions it’s purely a personal choice between them.

~ Basilio