Sleep Ez - Recommendations

Well Mattress Underground - it’s time again for a new mattress.

This time, I am considering a Sleep EZ - and I am hoping anyone can help me make a decision.

For many years, we have slept on a Barcelona from Texas Mattress Makers. The topper broke down years ago, and it’s just time to replace it.
The Barcelona Hybrid Select Mattress | Texas Mattress Makers (and no, I didn’t pay anywhere near they price they have for it now)

Texas MM describes this bed as firm and so would I. I would NOT say it’s hard, or rock hard, but it’s the firmest best I’ve ever experienced, and I love it. However, my wife wants a slightly more soft top. Although she has never complained much about the Barcelona

I’m looking at the Build Your Organic Latex. I put in king (split? what’s the difference? because I can also split a King in the configurator)

First Sleeper, my wife
5’ 6’ 200lbs
side sleeper
MED
MED
FIRM

Second Sleeper, me
5 10 165lbs
mostly back, some side sleeper
SOFT
MED
FIRM

That’s what the configurator says anyway on a 10" (or 9?) model.
I’m a little confused only because I thought I would get the med med and she the soft med… but apparently not.

How does one decide without ever seeing or experiencing the bed in person? What say you?

Thanks! Looking to order something very soon, like imminently.

Hello plasma800

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I agree that should you choose either of the 3-layer models, that for someone who is over 185lbs and is primarily a side and/or back sleeper would go with a Medium over Medium over Firm configuration. And someone under 185lbs would be recommended a Soft over Medium over Firm configuration. At 200lbs, your wife will experience similar contour from the medium top layer as you will with the soft at 165lbs. The support (Medium over Firm) layers below should be similar, if not the same.
Our organic model consists of a layer of Talalay on top and two layers of Dunlop latex below. Talalay is a bit softer and is therefore better for contour and pressure relief on top. Dunlop is a denser, heavier and therefore firmer latex and is great for support below.
Should you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out anytime! You can call our office as well at 480-966-8731. Thanks again!

SleepEZ

Thank you for the reply.

I would like to order tomorrow. How does one decide between the 9" or the 10"? Also, I’ll be adding a 5.5 inch foundation so that the overall height more closely matches our old mattress, and nightstands.

Hello plasma800

Thanks again for your inquiries!

Simply put, should you have the 9" model side by side with the 10" model, with the exact same configurations, the 9" is going to feel a bit firmer and more supportive whereas the 10" mattress will feel softer and more plush. This is because the 10" has a slightly thicker contour layer on top (3" vs 2"), which offers a slightly softer feel and provides a bit more pressure relief. Your body is closer to the support layers in the 9" model due to the top layer being an inch thinner. If you prefer a plush surface on your mattress, I would recommend the 10" model. However, If you prefer a more supportive overall feel, the 9" is recommended.

Should you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out anytime! We are available by phone 7 days a week as well! Mon thru Fri 10am to 6pm MST and Sat-Sun 8:30am to 4:30pm MST. Have a great weekend!

SleepEZ
480-966-8731

Thank you. Ordered.

Awesome, thank you so much for the order, I’m sure you’re going to love it! It’s typically a 15-20 year mattress, so if you get any issues over the next 2 decades, please don’t hesitate to reach out, we’re always happy to help!

I just received my sleep ez this week.

I was totally skeptical when buying. Let me assure anyone reading this later, this mattress is amazingly great.

The company even called me to help correct a mistake I had made when ordering. The mattress arrived in fine condition.

Things were 98% easy to assemble.

And best of all, this mattress sleeps incredible. I genuinely couldn’t be more pleased.

1 Like