SleepEZ Latex Bed

I have contacted sleepeasy to purchase a latex mattress. We have to get rid of our memory foam mattress and need more of an organic mattress. They stated that the sleepeasy is comparable to the Savy Rest
and we like the way that feels. Within this week we will be purchasing a latex mattress. we love the way it supports our body. I know it will never run hot as most memory foam does, and we will rest assured that breathing at night will be much better. Thank you. I will wait for your response.

Hi petrina french,

Thanks for letting us know what you decided to purchase and assuming that you pull the trigger in the next week … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

As you probably know you are certainly making a great quality/value choice and I;m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

PS: I changed the title of your post from Sleepeasy to SleepEZ which is the correct spelling.

I wanted to know if the savy rest feels like sleepezy?? We have been able to lay on the savy rest and have been told it feels the same. We are waiting for tem perpedic to pick up the bed, and we really don’t want to make a mistake after all we have been through.

Hi petrina french,

If you choose the same type and blend of latex in the same firmness level for each of your layers then it would certainly be very similar (even if it’s not exactly the same) but SleepEZ will be your best source of guidance about which of the options they have available would be closest to the specific Savvy Rest layering combination that you preferred.

Phoenix

I really wanted to stay away from synthetic products after sleeping on top of a memory foam bed. Can you advise me as to which combination on the sleepez latex bed would be right for someone who doesn’t want to sleep on top of chemicals. We may just need to get a all organic mattress pad however we wanted as close to nature as possible.

Hi petrina french,

The only reliable way to to assess the “safety” of different materials in more general terms is based on lab tests and the certifications they have for harmful substances and VOCs so that you have some assurance than the VOCs are below the testing limits for the certification. If the materials in a mattress or the mattress itself has a reliable “safety” certification then for most people they would certainly be “safe enough” … regardless of the type of material or the name of the manufacturer on the label.

All the latex you are likely to encounter (either Dunlop or Talalay that is made with either natural or synthetic rubber or a blend of both) will have a reliable certification such as Oeko-Tex, Eco-Institut, Greenguard Gold or C2C and based on actual testing I would consider any type or blend of latex (regardless of whether it is natural or synthetic or a blend) to be a very “safe” material in terms of harmful substances and VOC’s (offgassing).

Most people that are looking for an “organic” mattress or materials are usually concerned more with “safety” than whether the materials have an actual organic certification. There is more information about the three different levels of organic certifications in post #2 here and some of the benefits of an organic certification in post #3 here and there is more about the different types of organic and safety certifications such as Oeko-tex, Eco-Institut, Greenguard Gold, C2C, and CertiPUR-US in post #2 here and more about some of the differences between organic and safety certifications in post #2 here and there are also some comments in post #42 here that can help you decide whether an organic certification is important to you for environmental, social, or personal reasons or whether a “safety” certification is enough.

The choice between different types and blends of latex is also more of a preference and budget choice rather than a “better/worse” choice and any type or blend of latex is a durable material relative to other types of foam materials. There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #6 here and more about how Dunlop compares to Talalay in general in post #7 here but the best way to know which type or blend of latex you tend to prefer will be based on your own testing and/or your own personal experience.

Phoenix

fI’ve also had a skin sensitivity to memory foam mattresses, but since I was a kid, my single bed always had a latex mattress and I never suffered from skin issues or asthma.

Hello Phoenix,
This Wed Tem purpedic will be picking up our bed, and SleepEz will be delivering there 10 inch dunlop on bottom and talalay on top. Can’t wait to start sleeping again, and wake up without aches and pains with red eyes. Love your website, and I will let you know how the mattress is. Thanks for all your knowledge.

Hi petrina french,

Congratulations one again … and I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix