SleepEZ Naturale Full mattress with dual firmness

Naturalé 8 1/2" Latex Mattress

This is a 7" dunlop latex layer mattress with 1" quilt on top and bottom side.
According to the description of this mattress, "Two sided dual firmness latex mattress-Plush on one side, Firm on other side"

How have they achieved this dual firmness feature? Are they using two layers of dunlop latex with different ILD?
In that case, is it structurally sound to put firm layer on top of soft one? I keep getting a picture of a jelly like wobbly feeling if a firmer is stacked on top of a softer layer.

My main concern being the durability of this mattress along with stability. If I like the firmer side, will I be sacrificing other qualities by using this side?

Hi jairpeb,

Yes … it has two layers of latex with different firmness levels on each side and a double sided wool quilted cover. A forum search on SleepEZ Naturale will bring up some comments and feedback about it as well.

Yes … it would be structurally sound although of course each side would have a very different
“feel” than the other one and in very general terms it would also feel firmer than a thicker latex mattress that had similar firmness layers (either way around). SleepEZ has many years of experience with latex mattresses and they certainly wouldn’t sell a latex mattress design that would have any durability or performance issues.

There is also more information in post #2 here about the different ways to choose a mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of PPP that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for that are involved in each of them.

As you know I think very highly of SleepEZ and you are certainly looking at a great quality/value choice but when you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer (such as SleepEZ) that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix. I searched throughout the forum and the sleepEz website but cannot find the composition of layers for this mattress.

One of the forum members mentioned this:
“Naturale’s ILD is 37-40 on one side and 19-22 on the other”

Is that correct? And, what is the thickness of these two layers?

I am trying to maximize by personal value equation. I am on a budget looking to get latex mattress. For me, this Naturale mattress seems to be a good value.
I am 5’10" and 175lbs. In terms of support, 7" of latex thickness should be plenty? I tried 9" three layer (FIRM/MEDIUM/SOFT) SavvySleep mattress that I liked, and it had more than enough support (was no where close to bottoming it out). Most of the forum members here are looking at this mattress for teens. Just want to make sure that this mattress composition is suited for adults like me.

I can get in touch with the company to find out the details. But, thought documenting the questions/answers here will be useful to others.

Hi jairpeb,

I don’t know the thickness of each layer and they would be the most reliable source of information about the more detailed specifics of the mattress or the firmness of each of the layers (although I would guess that the post you are referring to is probably correct about the ILD’s since the information they posted came from SleepEZ).

You can read some general comments about mattress thickness in post #2 here and the effects and pros and cons of thicker mattresses in post #14 here but you are the only one that can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and individual preferences and sensitivities involved to be able to use a formula or for anyone to be able to predict how a specific mattress will feel to you or to make a specific suggestion or recommendation about which mattress or combination of materials and components would be the best “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” that can possibly be more accurate than your own careful testing or personal sleeping experience (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

I would also make sure that you’ve read post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase because the “commodity value” of a mattress (the price per inch of the foam materials, the price per yard of the fabrics, or the price per pound of natural fibers) will have very little to with how well you sleep on it or how long you will sleep well which are the two most important parts of the “value” of any mattress purchase…

As I mentioned in my last reply … when you can’t test a mattress in person then your best source of guidance about whether any of their specific mattresses are likely to be a good “match” for you in terms of PPP (regardless of whether it’s likely to be suitable for someone else) will be a more detailed phone conversation with SleepEZ who are in the best position to help you decide whether it would be a good choice for you.

Phoenix