SleepNation Innerspring quality

Hi all,

I have searched the forum for SleepNation but haven’t found any discussion on their innerspring mattresses.
Their website claims “made exclusively for us by one of the top 3 manufacturers in the world”. This sounds like Sealy, Simmons, or Serta, no?

My wife and I have found a mattress we like (PPP) but have read about the longevity/quality of materials.
SImmons Beautyrest Recharge Firm Pillowtop ($900)

We have found a comparable model at SleepNation but are unaware if the materials are any better than the Simmons.
Speer Blvd Plush ($1299)
14″ Thick
Individually Pocketed Coils
Foam Encased Edge Support
Firm Support Foam
Hi IFD Comfort Foam
Zoned Convoluted Foam
Antimicrobial fibers
Cotton stretch knit cover

Colo Blvd Pillowtop ($949)
15″ Thick
Foam Encased Edge Support
Firm Support Foam
Pressure Relieving Convoluted Foam
Antimicrobial Pillow Loft Fibers
Plant Based Memory Foam

Obviously, the website doesn’t give much detail on material composition so I am going to reach out to them today and test a few models out. I just don’t know if the materials would be any better if they are built by " one of the top 3 manufacturers".

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,

Hi NashMosby,

I believe that their private label line is manufactured for them by the local Therapedic licensee.

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses.

While PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) and hiow well you sleep on a mattress is the most important part of “value”, in terms of durability a mattress (which will tell you how long you will sleep well) is only as good as its construction and the type and quality/durability of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label. In general terms … I would tend to avoid any mattress where you aren’t able to find out the type and quality/density of the materials inside them but the “S” brands in particular (see the list here) aren’t likely to provide you with the information you would need to make an informed choice and in most cases they tend to use lower quality materials in the top layers of their mattresses which are subject to premature foam softening and breakdown (see the guidelines here).

Since the name of the manufacturer isn’t particularly relevant, I would focus more on the type and quality of the materials in a mattress than on the name of the manufacturer that makes it so you can make sure that there are no lower quality materials or “weak links” in the mattress.

Unfortunately the specs you listed don’t contain any information about the quality/density of the materials inside them so I can’t make any meaningful comments about either mattress but if you can find out the information listed in this article and post it on the forum then I’d be happy to make some comments about the quality and durability of the materials inside them and the mattress as a whole.

Phoenix