Sleepys Thoughts

Hi Phoenix -

Just wondering what your thoughts are on Sleepys and buying a mattress from Sleepys. You seem to be very against them. And just wondering what specifically are your thoughts on them?

Hi wh200,

the first place I would start when shopping for a new mattress is post #1 here which has the basic information, steps and guidelines you would need to make an informed choice. One of the links there is the mattress shopping guidelines here which would exclude almost all if not all of the mattresses sold at Sleepys and most other chain stores or any of the major brands.

After an hour or two reading some of the information on this site … you will know more of the most important information about mattresses than the majority of the employees at Sleepys.

I personally wouldn’t walk through their front door unless it was out of curiosity or for testing purposes. Since they won’t be able to tell you any meaningful information about the materials in their mattresses … neither they nor you would be able to make any real assessments about the quality or value of any of the mattresses they sell. Without being able to validate it with information about what is in a mattress … “quality” is just a meaningless word.

There is no reason I can think of that could entice me to buy a mattress there (or any of the mass market chain stores that sell mattresses where specific information about the quality of the materials inside a mattress is not available to consumers). Without this, you are only buying an expensive marketing story … not a mattress :).

Phoenix