Snowmass softening

Hi sbulla,

There is certainly an initial softening period with any new mattress but it would be very unusual to have a 1/2" body impression after only two weeks. It does have an inch of polyfoam in the quilting but this is also not normally an issue.

You are the second forum member that has experienced some softening issues with the Snowmass in the last few days and I would definitely talk with the store where you bought it to see what they say because while some softening and breakin is normal … if you have 1/2" after only two weeks (and it can be measured with no weight on the mattress) it could indicate some defect in the materials.

As I mentioned in the other thread as well … I would make sure that it is not an issue with the foundation by examining and testing the mattress on the floor (without the memory foam on top of course) and using a straight edge or string across the impression to measure its depth.

They have discontinued both of their latex mattresses (the Aspen and the Snowmass) but they would likely have some still available if it is clear that this is an issue with your particular mattress.

Phoenix