Softer or firmer?

Hi! I am a 5’10, ~125lb female and I’m pretty sure I’m a side sleeper, I almost always fall asleep on my side or occasionally half side half stomach. I purchased a Puffy mattress and it caused me lower back pain, which made me assume I needed a firmer mattress. The other issue is that my shoulders feel cramped and my arms fall asleep. I had trouble getting comfortable because it felt too firm but I would wake up with my lower back aching implying that it’s too firm. I am most likely going to purchase my replacement mattress from Helix. I slept for a week or so on the Helix Dusk (a family member just bought one) which felt better for my lower back but still painful and about the same for my arms/shoulders. I also slightly felt like I was rolling over which is odd but beside the point. I also kind of felt like the mattress just wasn’t supporting my lower back at all as if it was barely touching it, so maybe a softer mattress would be smarter. Now that I’ve tried the Puffy mattress I think that I would probably prefer a softer mattress, but I’m just not sure if that’s the right choice. Do you have a recommendation for if I should get a softer mattress or a firmer mattress. I would really appreciate it if you had a specific Helix mattress recommendation but even just a firmer or softer recommendation would be helpful.

It looks like Helix describes the Midnight Luxe to be designed for side sleepers while the Dusk that you tried to be designed for back/stomach sleepers. That would make sense that you felt too much shoulder pressure sleeping on your side if that is the case. A zoned pocked coil with lumbar support sounds like a good fit for you if you need more support at the hip, but softer at the shoulder.

Hello, did Puffy take your mattress back with no problems for you? I ask because Im considering buying one myself. But I have no idea about their return policy. Thanks, Patrick.

Hello, did Puffy take your mattress back with no problems for you? I ask because Im considering buying one myself. But I have no idea about their return policy. Thanks, Patrick.