Southerland Hybrid - Sonus

I’m brand new to this site and actually found you guys when researching a few mattresses.

I am getting a Southerland Sonus mattress in the next few weeks and just wanted to know if anyone had any information about these. I’m locked into this mattress, so no point in selling me on any other, but just any info at all is helpful.

Here’s what I know… The queen size has 800 coils… And it has some sort of memory foam.

Is this a decent mattress?

Hi lgnider,

[quote]I am getting a Southerland Sonus mattress in the next few weeks and just wanted to know if anyone had any information about these. I’m locked into this mattress, so no point in selling me on any other, but just any info at all is helpful.

Here’s what I know… The queen size has 800 coils… And it has some sort of memory foam.

Is this a decent mattress? [/quote]

There are really two parts to knowing whether this would be a “decent” mattress for you.

The first part is whether it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences). Your own careful and objective testing using the testing guidelines in the tutorial post would be the most effective way of assessing this.

Outside of PPP … a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials inside it. You can’t “feel” the quality of the foam inside a mattress (good quality more durable materials can feel the same as lower quality less durable materials … at least for a little while until the lower quality materials begin to soften and break down much more quickly).
Post #4 here includes all the information you would need to assess the quality/durability of a mattress and the materials inside it, to identify any potential “weak links” in the mattress, and to make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses.

Your retailer should be able to provide you with the information you need (or call the factory to find out if they don’t know it) and if you can post the information here I’d be happy to make some comments about the quality of the materials or help you identify any potential weak links in the mattress.

I don’t sell any mattresses … so no worries :slight_smile:

My goal is to help any of the members here know how to find out whether they are buying a good quality mattress that uses durable materials instead of making a “blind purchase” and to help them make more meaningful comparisons with other mattresses that may be available to them.

Phoenix