Southerland Rhapsody Good Quality or Not?

Hi I have been doing a lot of research into buying a new mattress and came across this site. I found a dealer locally that sells brands other than the “big names” and discovered the Southerland Rhapsody mattress there. My initial impression of the mattress is wonderful! I am a side sleeper that prefers a soft mattress and I want the added pressure relief benefits of foam. This mattress checks all of my boxes, however I am not familiar with the brand and I am uncertain of durability and longevity. I have not been able to find any consumer reviews online for this mattress. I would love to hear from anyone that has this mattress and what you think?

HERE IS A LINK TO WHAT THE MANUFACTURER STATES ABOUT THIS MATTRESS.
https://www.southerlandsleep.com/signature/rhapsody

Hi bbferrer,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, there is no meaningful information listed about the mattress on the site you provided, so you’d need to find out the information listed here so you can compare the quality of the materials and components to the durability guidelines here to make sure there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress that would be a cause for concern relative to the durability and useful life of a mattress before making any purchase. If you find out that information and post it back here I’ll be happy to provide comment upon the componentry.

Also, I’m not sure what you’ve read since you found the site but just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and perhaps more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase if your choice doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for).

Phoenix