soy based memory foam vs petroleum based

I was wondering what your thoughts are on soy based foam vs petroleum based? The only info I have been able to find about the soy based is from the people that make/sell it.
Thanks

Hi cownox,

You can read more information about so called “plant based” foams in post #2 here. While it’s a small step in a more sustainable direction … most of the claims are just about marketing and I would treat “plant based foams” as just another type of polyfoam which it is.

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix, I actually read that post, I was wondering if it has any effect on durability etc. I was the person with the Stearns & Foster that smelled like urine. I was able to finally get a refund from the owner of the mattress store (7 months of drama). I went to all the local mattress stores and received some mis-information that made me decide to order online. I was pretty set on Brooklyn Bedding, but found a post here that mentioned SelectFoam and decided to order a Regalis-12 from them should be here by 6/4. They have a completely free 90 day trial where they pay the shipping both ways and that was the deciding factor for me. Thanks for all your help.
Cownox

Hi cownox,

I would treat them as being equivalent (both are just polyurethane foam) and compare their durability in the same way as any polyfoam based on density.

That’s good news!

Congratulations on your new mattress :).

I think you made a great quality/value choice and I know that the return or exchange policies of an online manufacturer can play a significant role in each person’s personal value equation and it certainly helps reduce the risk of an online purchase

I’m looking forward to your feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix