Spindle or Sleep EZ for low back pain back/side sleeper?

Hi all,

I’m in the process of returning our king-sized Nest Owl (which we both LOVED) because it’s sagging after only six months. Very disappointing, but I’m now looking into all-foam constructions so I can change up layers, etc.

I keep flip-flopping back and forth between the Spindle 10" and the Sleep EZ organic 10". I can’t seem to figure out whether a Dunlop comfort layer (Spindle) or Talalay comfort layer (Sleep EZ) will be better for my needs.

I’m 5’4" and 150lbs, back/side sleeper who sometimes suffers from low-back pain from an old injury. (Wife is 5’5" and 135 lbs but doesn’t care what she sleeps on, lucky for me.)

The Nest Owl felt great (Medium comfort layer, Talalay) but I still do occasionally wake up with some low back pain. Not sure if it’s the mattress or just me. The sagging definitely doesn’t help though, as my body tilts to one side now when I’m on my back.

I really like Spindle’s construction and return policy (365 days) but I’m drawn to Sleep EZ because of the Talalay comfort layer, although their return policy and process sounds much more difficult and expensive.

Also, I haven’t tried Dunlop yet, but there’s no place where I live that sells latex mattresses like this, that I know of (Lincoln, Nebraska).

For someone like me, which comfort layer might work best?

Also any positive or negative experiences with Spindle? I haven’t seen as much about them as other companies.

Thanks in advance!

Hi helpwanted.

Sorry to hear about the Owl. Have you tried to moving the mattress to the floor to see if the sagging continues? If it stops, it’s like an issue with your bed foundation and less so the mattress.

Also, have you reached out to Nest? They have a lifetime warranty on their mattresses.

So, this very much depends on what you like. If you’d like something a little more “cakey” feeling then Dunlop may be the choice for you. Talalay is springier and airier than Dunlop.

Many DIYers in our forum have opted for Dunlop when they have more intense support needs.

As for experiences with Spindle, you may find these forum topics (I just did a key word search) useful!

NikkiTMU