Step 1 (initial feel) and already confused

Hi Pegabo,

If the gel is 4 lb density then it’s a good quality material and wouldn’t be a weak link in the mattress.

While they didn’t provide the density of the bottom layers … assuming that they are at least 1.8 lb density then it would certainly be reasonable to expect a useful life in the range of 10 years (regardless of the length of the warranty) and it’s possible that you would have some “bonus time” after that as well.

I would keep in mind that a warranty only covers manufacturing defects and doesn’t cover the loss of comfort and support that can come from foam softening and isn’t an indication of how long it may be before you may need to replace it (see post #174 here).

It sounds like you made a good quality choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Thank you so much for helping and for the mattress eureka moment when I found this site!
As far as warranty, I just find it interestin . I insisted and asked if warranty covers indentations and he said yes. Is this the first time you hear a manufacturer covering this? Should I ask the actual owners again when I return there?

Hi Pegabo,

All warranties cover indentations that are deeper than the warranty exclusion and they should be able to provide you with a written copy of their warranty that will tell you exactly what is covered and what isn’t and the depth of any visible impressions that are covered (and any other exclusions as well).

The real issue is that warranties don’t cover foam softening where there aren’t any visible impressions (or the visible impressions are less than the warranty exclusion) and the loss of comfort and/or support that goes with foam softening can mean you may need to buy a new mattress even if any visible impressions aren’t enough to trigger a warranty claim. There is more about the many variables that can affect the durability and useful life of a mattress relative to different people in post #4 here and the posts it links to.

Phoenix