Still confused!

Hi Siek,

As unfortunate as it may be … conflicting information is the “norm” on the internet and much of it is more designed to sell mattresses than it is to provide accurate information.

There is more about the differences between Talalay and Dunlop in post #7 here that along with your conversations with online suppliers (or better yet any local testing you have done) will help you choose between them. The choice is really a preference choice rather than a “better/worse” choice since both of them are very high quality and durable materials but the most reliable way to decide which type of latex you tend to prefer would be based on your own local testing on different latex mattresses that used each type of latex.

With your weight difference split layering would certainly make sense. There is more about split layering in post #2 here.

The SleepEZ Natural Select Sleep line gives you a choice between 100% natural Dunlop or blended Talalay in each of the layers. The SleepEZ Organic Select Sleep line gives you a choice between 100% natural Dunlop or 100% natural Talalay and uses organic wool and cotton in the cover.

There is more about the different types and blends of latex in post #7 here and more about the differences between blended Talalay and 100% natural Talalay in post #2 here.

I don’t think that they charge extra for split layers but I’m not certain and you will need to talk with them anyway if you are considering them as one of your options so I would ask them to find out for sure. I do know that there is no additional cost for split layers with SleepEZ.

Phoenix