Still quite stupid

Been sleeping on one of the “worst” mattresses - Aireloom for approximately 27 years ago. This website makes that clear. It has been overstuffed with cotton (sinkhole shortly after bought) and to lie on that overstuffed mattress is to wake up in sheer pain. So, after buying another mattress from that company that on the showroom floor looks great, I trashed that and am now back to the original overstuffed mattress and a 3-4 year old partial Talalay topper that is now worn out.

No sleep for past 3-4 nights and more than a bit of a basketcase. Help. Ready to throw out queen size bed with hand tied box springs and steel frame with metal down the middle. But, because of challenges have not readily been able to shop, lying on beds for experience. Also I no longer fully trust myself for the past two beds were both from Aireloom and seemed soooocomfortable only to be so uncomfortable (sinking and I don’t weight much) that I am fear/ful frozen as to what to do. But, I am taking action right now. I am writing the forum and have read quite a bit.

Maybe just go to Costco - or rest somemore and read some more - COMPLETELY RECEPTIVE TO GUIDANCE - FROM A NEW FRAME IF YOU THINK SO - TO (always wanted the best mattress until I read elsewhere that the best had horsetail from Sweden/or Norway and it too sank if you did not rotate. This present mattress is so heavy - too heavy now after 27 years, to rotate.

Please place guidances and I will do my best, too, to work it as I want so to be comfortable and sleep. Also tried foam toppers from Walmart and several online stores and the odor (sensitive to smells) was so bad despite weeks of airing out that you perhaps can understand frozen with where do I go from here. It feels to me like a stab in the dark. I really wish to buy all organic like LifeKind if you recommend or there is another mattress/organic in Denver the name eludes me - but they are extremely costly. So, best to check here now. Thanks a million, really and truly for all this good work and for assistance now.

Relaxation

Hi Relaxation,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

After 27 years I would agree that your mattress is most likely long past it’s “due date” and it’s probably a very good idea to look for a new one.

While there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to make reliable suggestions about which specific mattress would be the best “match” for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” … I’m certainly happy to help with “how” to choose and answer any specific questions that you may have to the best of my ability.

If you haven’t already … the first place to start is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

I would also make sure that you’ve read post #13 here which has more information about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between different mattresses but the process really comes down to testing for the suitability of a mattress (using the testing guidelines in the tutorial), checking for the quality of the materials inside the mattress to make sure they are good quality and that there are no obvious weak links in the mattress, and then comparing your finalists for “value” based on all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you including the price and the options you have after a purchase to fine tune, exchange, or return your mattress.

There is more about organic, natural, chemical free, safe, and “green” materials in post #2 here that can help you decide on the types of materials that you are most comfortable with having in your mattress and that can help you answer “how safe is safe enough for me?”

Lifekind certainly uses high quality materials in their mattresses including organic Dunlop and/or 100% natural Talalay (which is not organic) but as you mentioned they are also in a higher budget range than many other latex mattresses that have a similar design and use similar materials so I would make sure you make some very careful value comparisons based on the criteria that are most important to you. The tutorial post includes a link to the members here that sell mattresses online (in the optional online step) and many of these make component latex mattresses that use different types and blends of latex with a wide range of designs, options, features, and exchange or return options that are in lower budget ranges and would be well worth considering if you are comfortable with purchasing a mattress online.

There is more about organic latex and the other types and blends of latex in post #6 here and there is also more about the differences between Dunlop and Talalay in post #7 here but the choice between different types of latex is really a matter of preference and of course budget more than a “better/worse” choice.

The better options or possibilities I’m aware of in the Denver area (subject to the “value” guidelines I linked) are listed in post #2 here and you certainly have some good options available in the area.

I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding and of course any comments or questions you may have along the way.

Phoenix