stomach/side sleeper - best combo for all latex mattress

Hi suz111,

I don’t keep a record of the individual mattresses that the retailers and manufacturers in the hundreds of forum lists throughout the forum carry on their floor (it would be a bigger job than anyone could keep up with in a constantly changing market) so you may need to call them to find out which ones carry mattresses that use all Talalay layers but off the top of my head Foam Source is a local manufacturer that makes component latex mattresses that use Talalay latex and MySleepNation also carries mattresses that are all Talalay latex but they aren’t component mattresses. I believe that Haiku Designs also carries component latex mattresses that use Talalay latex but I would check to make sure that the have the option to use Talalay in all the layers not just the top layer.

You can see some comments about glue seams in Talalay latex in post #2 here. Unless a layer is defective it would be very unlikely that you would be able to feel it.

I would probably avoid having too many combinations because it can become overwhelming or in some cases too tempting to make continous changes to your mattress that may not make any meaningful improvement. With 3 layer component latex mattresses the majority of people will be well inside the comfort/support range that is suitable for them either with the original layering or by rearranging the layers that they have. There are also a smaller percentage of people that may need a layer exchange because the combinations that are possible with the layers that they have available aren’t working well for them. Beyond this there will always be a very small minority of people where nothing they try with the layers they have available seems to work and with this small percentage of people it can be very difficult to “diagnose” the reasons why and in some cases it can involve issues that aren’t even related to the mattress itself (such as physiological issues or pillow issues for example) or it could be that they are much more sensitive to very small changes and would do best on combinations that aren’t possible with the layer thicknesses and firmnesses that they have available. I would keep things as simple as possible.

[quote]Do you think i am on the right track?

I welcome any suggestions or other helpful tips. Thank you.[/quote]

You are certainly following the process and the steps that I would suggest which means that I think you are on the right track yes. :slight_smile:

Phoenix