Stomach sleeper needs help finding a new mattress!

I currently have a Simmons Plush mattress that is 5 years old. It works out okay for me, but if I am in bed too long, I have back or neck pain.

I slept on a friends Serta iComfort Savant model mattress and loved it. I also recently slept in someones guest room that had a memory foam pad on it that was good too.

SO I am thinking some type of gel or foam mattress might be right for me.

Since I am a stomach sleeper, whats the best thing to look for? I know from this forum that 5lb is best for foam. I am really trying to find the best deal that will work for me.

This looks okay, but not sure what other options are out there and what would be best for me as a stomach sleeper (I also get really hot when I sleep).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0098DYJKM/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=M4GUMZBIA8RY&coliid=I3ETW11E0SYPVM
2" Cool GEL Memory Foam: Sleep Cool Technology Foam and 2" Soft 4lb 100% Memory Foam !
Dual 2" State of the Art Cool Airflow Foam, 3" High Density foam for ultimate support base!
Made with High Quality and durable 5-layer construction! CertiPUR-US® certified! 120 day trial! 20 years Limited Warranty.
Luxurious white cover with brown suede on corners, fire barrier, zipper washable cover! Feel: MEDIUM FIRM.

or

Top layer of breathable 1" Cool Foamâ„¢, and a micro fiber layer for added comfort and less heat build up
Second layer of 2" heat sensitive memory foam with Green Tea, Charcoal and Natural Castor Oil, which minimizes the use of petrol based chemical oils, working to eliminate chemical odor and to minimize growth of bacteria in a natural way
Third layer of 3" pressure relief foam eliminates pressure points
Fourth layer of 6" high density foam to provide long lasting durability and stability

I am open to other suggestions! I just feel overwhelmed!

Thanks!

Hi Runnerjess,

The first place I would start your research is the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the most suitable and best possible quality/value choices … and avoid the worst ones.

The first step in evaluating any mattress in terms of its quality and durability is to make sure you know the quality of all the layers and materials inside it. This means knowing the density of all the polyfoam and memory foam layers. Without this there is no way to know any weak links in a mattress or make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses. I would avoid any mattress where the retailer or manufacturer either can’t or won’t provide this to you.

Post #4 here and the links it includes has more information and feedback about Dynasty mattresses.

I would also read post #2 here and the links inside it before considering any Night Therapy mattress.

Phoenix