Stores in PA

I purchased my first home in Lansdale, PA, and finally have bedroom furniture! I thought the mattress purchase would be fairly simple, but articles in CR and Angie’s List alluded to a confusing path ahead. I progressed to this site after sifting through sleep like the dead’s material, and have read through your mattress articles. I cannot drive, but notice only large retailers in my immediate area and in newspaper advertisements. Would you know of any specialty mattress retailers in my area? I can research through your membership list links, but are there other companies that I should consider that are not members?

Thanks very much.

Hi cindyg,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

You may have read this already but in case you haven’t the first place I would start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choices … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in your general area are listed in post #6 here.

Phoenix

Thanks very much.

I made the three hour trip to Magic Sleeper in Pottstown last Saturday. I apparently encountered the same salesperson referred to negatively in other posts. It is a large investment, and I am now apprehensive about considering a purchase there.

Hi cindyG,

Your experience is unfortunate and if it was me I would probably call and talk with John (the owner) to tell him about your experiences there and to confirm when he will be in if you do decide to make another trip to visit them.

If you are travelling that far to test mattresses at any store I would also tend to call first before a visit so you can talk with someone that you know you are comfortable working with and confirm that they will be there when you go to visit.

Phoenix