Suggestions needed for a new mattress

My wife and I are currently sleeping on a twenty-year-old latex mattress. About a year ago my wife, who sleeps on her side began having hip pain when she gets up. After some discussion, we recently decided to purchase a new mattress in an attempt to alleviate her pain and improve our overall sleep. Over the last week, I have done a significant amount research, which includes reading many posts on this site. We began the process by trying the Tempur-pedic mattresses but they are way out of our price range. However the benefit to buying a Tempur is that you can try them out and return them if you are not happy. This is not possible online because the cost to ship the mattress back (assuming a given company gives you that option) is cost prohibitive. This makes me nervous because spending 1k or more on a mattress is bad enough but spending 1k or more on a mattress that you do not like is downright frightening. With that in mind, I was hoping to get some feedback on good soft mattresses for side sleeper. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Randall

Hi re_vogel,

The first place I would start is post #1 here which has all the information, steps, and guidelines that you need to make a good decision.

When you get to step 3 … if you let me know your city or zip I’d be happy to let you know of any better options I’m aware of in your area.

While I normally suggest starting locally so that you can see what is available to you and become familiar with different materials and different types of mattresses … if you do decide to include online options in your research there are some that don’t change for a return or only have a minimal charge which of course can lower the risk of an online purchase significantly.

Phoenix

Phoenix, thanks for the reply. I looked over your suggested post again. I live in Central Florida (Orlando area). Any recommendations would be appreciated. Also I want to Brooklyn Beddings website and it does not appear that they have the bed they sell on Amazon on their site. Is it the same company?

Let me know

Thanks

Randall

Hi re_vogel,

The better options I’m aware of in the Orlando area are listed in post #2 here.

Yes … Brooklyn Bedding manufactures all the Dreamfoam mattresses on Amazon but they have a different lineup with more extensive options listed on their own site.

Phoenix