Symbol Freedom 8" Gel Memory Foam

Hi,

I was looking for a lower budget mattress that wouldn’t have an imprint around the pelvic area after a few months. I’m in the south florida area and tried zeno mattress but the only in budget option was an innerspring that I did not like. I was passing mattresses and more and decided to go in and found the Symbol Freedom 8" Gel Memory Foam mattress that felt good.
Here is the info I have found on this mattress. (Picture attached)
2’’ Convoluted Visco Memory Foam
2’’ Gel Super Soft Foam
4’’ High Density Support Foam Core

After reading the forum, I am afraid that because the comfort layers are a total of 4", I may have the imprint issue with this mattress as well.
If I could get an option on this it would be very helpful! (Time is of essence as we are moving on Sunday and would like to have the mattresses by then).

Thanks!

Hi cs123,

[quote]I was looking for a lower budget mattress that wouldn’t have an imprint around the pelvic area after a few months. I’m in the south florida area and tried zeno mattress but the only in budget option was an innerspring that I did not like. I was passing mattresses and more and decided to go in and found the Symbol Freedom 8" Gel Memory Foam mattress that felt good.
Here is the info I have found on this mattress. (Picture attached)
2’’ Convoluted Visco Memory Foam
2’’ Gel Super Soft Foam
4’’ High Density Support Foam Core[/quote]
There is more information about the 3 most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase to fine tune the mattress or any exchange/return options that are available to you).

While I can’t speak to how any mattress or “sleeping system” will “feel” for someone else because this is too subjective and relative to different body types, sleeping positions, and individual preferences, sensitivities, and circumstances … outside of PPP the most important part of the value of a mattress purchase is durability and assuming that the materials in a mattress you are considering are durable enough for your body type and meet the quality/durability guidelines here … the choice between different types and combinations of materials and components or different types of mattresses are more of a preference and a budget choice than a “better/worse” choice (see this article).

Unfortunately the information you linked doesn’t contain any information about the quality/density of all the foam layers in the mattress so it’s not possible to make any meaningful comments about the quality or durability of the materials inside it or the mattress as a whole. If you can find out all the information listed in this article and post It on the forum I’d certainly be happy to make some more specific comments about the quality and durability of the materials in the mattress you are considering and let you know if I can see any obvious weak links in the design that could compromise the durability and useful life of the mattress.

[quote]After reading the forum, I am afraid that because the comfort layers are a total of 4", I may have the imprint issue with this mattress as well.
If I could get an option on this it would be very helpful! (Time is of essence as we are moving on Sunday and would like to have the mattresses by then).[/quote]

The thickness of a mattress or any individual layers inside it is really just a side effect of the design and the design goals of a mattress and is also only one of many variables that can affect the feel and performance of a mattress relative to any particular to any specific person and by itself isn’t particularly meaningful (see post #2 here). In some cases higher weight ranges will sometimes do better with a mattress that is a little thicker than lower weight ranges (see post #14 here for more about the effect of thickness) but even this depends more on the specific design and combination of materials in the mattress and on how well the mattress “as a whole” matches your specific needs and preferences than anything else.

In other words the thickness of any individual layers is only one of many variables that can affect the feel and performance of a mattress and is part of whether any particular mattress is a good “match” for you in terms of PPP … but the “suitability” of a mattress is a completely different issue than the quality and durability of the materials inside the mattress.

I’m not sure where you are in South Florida but if you are in or around the Fort Lauderdale/Miami, FL areas then the better local options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area (subject to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines I linked earlier in this reply) are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix