Talalay living mattress topper

Hi does the talalay living mattress topper from talalay global use blended talalay or 100% talalay? The oeko-tex certificate on the site is for “100% Natural Talatech Latex rubber foam” which leads me to believe it is 100% natural but I remember the pure talalay bliss toppers using blended talalay. Both are from talalay global so i just wanted to make sure.

Good question, it seems like usage of the terms Natural and Organic are not always as clear as you might expect. According to this page “What is latex?” from Flobeds (a TMU Trusted Member): “Latex International’s (now Talalay Global) original blended latex product Talatech Latex, is a blend of 30% natural rubber and 70% synthetic rubber (Styrene Butadiene Rubber or SBR).” Hope that helps to clarify that Talatech Latex is actually a blended product.

• Bill

I thought talalay global makes talatech in both blended & 100% natural.

TG definitely makes both blended and all natural Talalay latex, but the source I quoted led me to believe that ‘Talatech Latex’ was a blended product. We’ll have to wait for someone with a more definitive answer to respond…

Hello Mr yabo.

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

“100% Natural Talatech Latex Rubber Foam” has the OEKO-TEX certificate which means that the product has been tested for and found to be clear of harmful substances. It does not, however, guarantee that a product is made of all-natural materials. It’s not the first time we’ve encountered the blended vs. natural Talatech debacle before! You can read that here but what it ultimately comes down to is: Talatech is a registered trademark of Latex Foam International Holdings, Inc., and used by Talalay Global for their latex products. As the vast majority of the Talalay they produce is blended, it is most commonly associated with their blended Talalay latex. However, it is also associated with their Talalay using phase change materials, and their natural Talalay. You can find it denoted as Talatech Classic (the blended), Talatech Celsion (with the phase change material), and Talatech Natural (their NR Talalay).

Correct! They do indeed have 100% Natural version called Talatech® Natural commonly referred to on our mattress forum as NR Talalay.

Phoenix

I received email confirmation from talalay living AKA talalay global that the topper is 100% natural.

Btw i returned the talalay living topper as it was falsely advertised on wayfair(where i purchased it) as a 19ILD. When i received it I could tell it was firmer than 19ild and when I reached out to talalay living/ global they told me it was 24ild and that made sense based on feel.

It had a beautiful bamboo(mix) zippered cover on it though, almost made me want to keep it just to be able to put it on one of my other softer toppers.