?TEMP R PEDIC-RHAPSODY BREEZE? CAN I GET CLOSE IN FIRMNESS FOAM vs LATEX?

I know they are different in make up, foam VS latex,the wife does like the firmness of the temp rhapsody breeze, I kinda like it to but a little more fim would be awesome, can anybody point me in the right direction? I am 6"1 260 and the wife is 5’8 150 do I need to split the layering or can I achieve the perfect balance if it is layered the same? any and all sugestions would be much appreciated, can I get same feel without having the sink in feeling? feel free to send me any info of where to get the perfect mattress.THANKX

Hi scotto17,

[quote]can anybody point me in the right direction?

feel free to send me any info of where to get the perfect mattress.[/quote]

Unfortunately this isn’t possible for anyone to do. There are too many unknowns, variables and personal preferences involved for anyone to be able to use a formula or “theory at a distance” to predict which mattress would be the best match for you in terms of PPP out of the thousands that are available in the market. The information here can help with “how” to find your best choice and the steps to take but nobody else can tell you which specific mattress that may be. Nobody else can feel what you feel on a mattress or can know which type of mattress you prefer (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

There is no such thing as “THE” perfect mattress … only “YOUR” perfect mattress and it may be very different from a mattress that is perfect for someone else.

If you follow the steps in the tutorial post one by one you will have the best possible chance of making a great choice. Finding reliable retailers and/or manufacturers who already know what you would otherwise need to learn can be one of the most effective “shortcuts” in your mattress research and who you choose to deal with can be one of the most important parts of a successful purchase.

Several of the online manufacturers that are linked in the tutorial post also have a mattress that is similar to the Rhapsody Breeze if you are confident that it’s the best match for you in terms of PPP out of the Tempurpedic lineup. Some of the local options I linked for you earlier may have a similar mattress as well.

There are many online latex mattresses where you can split the layers on each side and there is a link in the tutorial post to a list of the members here that sell a wide range of good quality/value latex mattresses online including versions with split layering (and sometimes these will also be available locally). You won’t generally find this with memory foam mattresses though unless you choose a split king (two twin XL mattresses used side by side as a king) but both mattresses would need to be the same height.

As you mentioned latex and memory foam are very different from each other but there is more about how they compare and the pros and cons of each in post #2 here. Your own testing is the best way to decide whether a particular memory foam mattress feels as firm as a particular latex mattress since they are so different in how they respond that this would be a very subjective assessment.

Phoenix