Tempur-Cloud Luxe Breeze; are there other memory foam mattresses that stay as cool?

First I just wanted to say, Phoenix thanks so much for your time and effort with putting this website together. I’ve been doing periodic internet research on mattresses now for a few months and it wasn’t until I happened upon this site that I finally realized how much misinformation is out there.

Thanks to the website, the articles and the forum posts I felt pretty comfortable when I went mattress shopping today. In my head I was really hoping to find and fall in love with a nice latex mattress, but unfortunately even the softer, 100% natural ones didn’t quite fit. I’m pretty boney so I guess I need a really soft bed.

As it turns out I absolutely love the Tempur-Cloud Luxe Breeze. It’s the softest (subjectively for me) memory foam mattress I could find and I was amazed at how cool it remained. I had an old school tempur-pedic mattress for several years that was a hand me down from my folks and I loved it but it always got quite hot.

In a prior post you had responded to someone with my same question that the Briella by Christeli might be a good approximation. It’s such a huge difference in price. …are they really identical in feel or just similar? If I feel like the Luxe Breeze is a perfect fit for me am I better of investing the money in something I know I’ll be happy with or is it a safe bet that I’ll be just as happy with the Briella?

Are there any other good brands out there that are softer, memory foam beds that stay cool?

Thanks for anyone taking the time to read!

Hi InsuranceMan,

I’m not sure if you tested any softer latex mattresses or if you only tested firmer ones but if there are any dealers near you it may be worth trying a Pure Latex Bliss Talalay latex mattress because they have several that are in a softer range just to see how you feel about softer latex.

[quote]In a prior post you had responded to someone with my same question that the Briella by Christeli might be a good approximation. It’s such a huge difference in price. …are they really identical in feel or just similar? If I feel like the Luxe Breeze is a perfect fit for me am I better of investing the money in something I know I’ll be happy with or is it a safe bet that I’ll be just as happy with the Briella?

Are there any other good brands out there that are softer, memory foam beds that stay cool?[/quote]

There is more about the different ways that one mattress can approximate or “match” another one in post #9 here.

The mattress shopping tutorial (which I would always make sure you’ve read first) also includes this link to a list of the better online memory foam options I’m aware of and many of these make mattresses that approximate the Tempurpedic line in one or more ways (including the Cloud Luxe or the Luxe Breeze) either in terms of softness/firmness, “feel”, design, or in terms of the quality of the materials that they use. Many of them also use gel memory foams in their top layer but I would be aware that while gel memory foam can be slightly cooler than “regular” memory foam, both type of memory foam can sleep warmer for many people than other types of materials and that the cooling benefits of gel tend to be somewhat temporary and may not last over the course of the night (see post #2 here). There is also more about the many variables that can affect the sleeping temperature of a mattress (including the type of mattress protector and sheets you use) in post #2 here.

I don’t have any personal experience with the Briella so I don’t know how it would “feel” for me or for someone else (feel is very subjective so different people will describe the same mattress differently or have different opinions about how closely one mattress matches another one) but when you are making an online choice then the return policy would generally be a more important part of the “value” of your purchase and if an online retailer or manufacturer has a good return policy (which many of them do) then it can give you the chance to see how a mattress compares based on your own experience with little risk so you don’t have to rely on other people comparisons that may be very different from your own. There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here.

Phoenix