Tempur DeluxeBed

I have neck and hip/leg pain after waking up from sleeping on an old twin Serta matrress.
I am a side sleeper and have developed sciatica in my right hip.

A woman I know has a Tempur DeluxeBed that was purchased in 2010, but slept on only one night before her partner had to go into a nursing home. She is asking $500 for it. It wasn’t that comfortable to me when I tried it out, but perhaps it would help my problems, I don’t know. Does anyone know what this mattress is composed of? I can’t seem to find details of it on the web, as I don’t think this particular mattress is still in the Tempurpedic line.

Thanks for your help.

Hi espiritone,

The Tempurpedic Deluxe had …

1.2" of 5.3 lb memory foam
2.8" of 5.3 lb memory foam
Two 3" layers (total 6") of convoluted 2.2 lb polyfoam.

This would be one of their firmer mattresses and the quality of all the layers is good with no weak links and while the price you are looking at would be good value (depending on the size as well of course) … it would have little to no value to you (and could make things worse) if it didn’t provide you with the PPP (Pressure relief, Posture and alignment, and Personal preferences) that “match” your body type, sleeping style, and preferences (see post #46 here).

Phoenix

Thank you, Phoenix. You are a valuable resource.