Tempurpedic Allura or Cloud Supreme?

I am trying to decide between the Allura (Contour Collection) or the Cloud Supreme. I am a back sleeper, 105 lbs and my partner, is a side sleeper, 160 lbs. I like the medium firmness or the Allura, but I’m concerned that the firmness will be problematic for my partner since she is a side sleeper. Maybe the Cloud Supreme would be better for her??? I like the Cloud Supreme, I’m just worried that the Supreme will be too soft for me as a back sleeper, especially as it wears over time. Any thoughts? I’d like to know if the Allura is possible for a side sleeper given the above info, or if its better to go with softer bed.

Hi Wagonerz,

Just in case you haven’t read it yet … the first place I would start is the tutorial post here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices.

I personally wouldn’t consider either one because there are so many other choices available that use the same or better quality materials in significantly lower budget ranges and would likely be just as good or even a better choice for both of you but if your testing indicates or you are convinced that a Tempurpedic is the only mattress that is a good match for you in terms of PPP and your personal value equation then of course for you it may be the best choice regardless of what else may be available or the cost involved.

There is no formula that can predict which mattress you will do best with in “real life” and your own careful and objective personal testing for PPP using the testing guidelines is the most effective way to decide which one would be the best match for either or both of you. Neither of you are in a weight range that the 4 lb memory foam would be an issue in terms of durability but the Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme uses a combination of 4.1 lb memory foam over 5.3 lb memory foam and the Allura uses a combination of 7.1 lb memory foam over 5.3 lb memory foam so the Allura would be the more durable choice if durability was a primary consideration.

I would strongly suggest that both of you do some careful testing on the mattress (for long enough that the memory foam has a chance to warm up) to make sure that it provides her with good pressure relief in her side sleeping position and that you are in good alignment in your back sleeping position and if you are still uncertain then it may be a good idea to make sure that the store you buy it from has a good exchange or return policy so that if your choice doesn’t turn out to be a good match for one or both of you that you still have some good options available to either exchange or return the mattress. A purchase made directly from Tempurpedic gives you the option to return the mattress within 90 days for a refund although you would still pay for the cost of shipping (see their return policy here).

Phoenix