Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe

Looking for the best value in a mattress comparable to Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe. Like the soft feel and want something durable. Considering Dreamfoam 13", Brooklyn Bedding Cool Luxe, and Selectfoam Cirrus Luxe. Open to other suggestions.

What is the density of the support layer on Dreamfoam and Selectfoam (BB publishes theirs at 2.17)? Am I correct that Temurpedic is 2.4 Novos Bed?

To the extent that it matters, I am also considering an adjustable base.

Phoenix, awesome site. Thanks for your help.

Hi rnennelee,

[quote]Looking for the best value in a mattress comparable to Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe. Like the soft feel and want something durable. Considering Dreamfoam 13", Brooklyn Bedding Cool Luxe, and Selectfoam Cirrus Luxe. Open to other suggestions.

What is the density of the support layer on Dreamfoam and Selectfoam (BB publishes theirs at 2.17)? Am I correct that Temurpedic is 2.4 (source: www.novosbed.com/mattrepedia/tempurpedic...ur-cloud-collection/)?[/quote]

There is more about the different ways that one mattress can “match” another one in post #9 here.

The tutorial post here includes a link to the better online memory foam options I’m aware of (in the optional online step) and there are several of them that make or sell a mattress that is comparable to the comfort/support of the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe including Dreamfoam, Brooklyn Bedding, and Select Foam. These three are members of this site which means I think highly of them and I believe they compete well with the best in the industry but the others are also good sources of quality/value and are also worth considering. They are also all transparent about the quality/density of all the materials in their mattresses and will provide them to you when you talk with them on the phone. I know that the Dreamfoam Ultimate Dreams 13-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress uses 1.5 lb polyfoam in the support core in addition to the 4 and 5 lb memory foam in their comfort layers. I don’t know the specific densities of the support cores in the individual Select Foam mattresses off the top of my head.

Tempurpedic isn’t transparent about the quality/density of the materials in their mattresses and no longer disclose any information about the density of their materials. There is some information in post #6 here about the “possible” specs of the Cloud Luxe but it may not be accurate because I have also received some information that they may now be using 1.5 lb polyfoam in their support core.

There is more about choosing an adjustable bed in post #3 here and the adjustable bed topic that it links to that also includes some retailers that you can use as good sources of information about the features of the adjustable beds they carry and as pricing references that can help you make the most suitable choice based on “features vs price” comparisons.

Phoenix

NOTE ADDED: Because of ongoing customer service issues and delays Select Foam’s membership has been terminated and I would read the warning here before considering them.

Thanks. You run a great site.

We tried out the Temperpedic cloud luxe in store several times before purchasing the cirrus luxe from select foam. It did not seem comparable at all so we returned it. Perhaps it needed more than 90 days to break down and become soft and enveloping like the temperpedic in the stores was, but it was not very memory foam like while we had it.

Full disclosure: I’m still dealing with select foam to get them to accept the return shipping charges (we purchased last September).