Testimonials: Cozy Pure, Flobeds, SleepEZ, Flexus

Hi!

First of all, thanks to TMU, Phoenix, and all the great moderators and members who spend SO MUCH TIME providing incredibly thorough responses to all the questions that come in. I’ve spent a few months now researching, reading posts, asking a few questions, and talking to retailers. I think we’re close to pulling the trigger on a purchase, but wanted to circle back here before doing so in the hope of gathering some testimonials regarding the manufacturers we have narrowed it down to. At this point, I think Cozy Pure and Flobeds are the top choices, but I also had great conversations with Sleeping Organic and SleepEZ, so they are definitely still in the running and I would love to hear from people who bought beds from them about their experiences. This is a big purchase and since we can’t try anything, I would love to get some reassurance about working with any or all of these companies and their products. Frankly, if Cozy Pure had a return policy and could do split comfort layers (it turns out they don’t do them in the Cal-king size), I would probably just go with them, but these two things (no returns and no side to side customization) are definite drawbacks, especially as we can’t try the mattress.

By way of background, I’m a female 150# ish mostly side sleeper (sometimes back) with pressure point issues on hips and shoulder. My partner is a male 175#ish 6’2" beanpole, who is much less picky (or less of a complainer than I am) but who I think prefers a firmer mattress. He mostly sleeps on his back and sometimes on his side. I love the plush feel of a pillow top, but am leery of going too soft, as I often wake up with a sore lower back. We are switching to latex for both longevity and environmental reasons, as well as the hope that it will help with my pressure point issues.

I know “reviews” are verboten, as everyone has such different individual responses and preferences, so mostly looking for people’s experience with the company and with the product as a quality product. I love the posts here where people share their experiences with a particular manufacturer, in particular thoughts from folks who went with all talalay (Flobeds) vs all dunlop (Cozy Pure) vs. some combination of the two, as I understand they have very different feels. I remember reading a post from someone who had tried Flobeds (exhaustively) and ended up going with an all dunlop mattress because the feel of the Talalay just wasn’t right. I get that this is totally subjective, but would love any additional anecdotes about these types of experience, as we do not live in a place where we can visit a showroom with an all latex mattress. I have done searches for all of these manufacturers on the forum, and read everything I could find (in particular this post: https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/richmond-virginia-mattresses-and-cozypure) was a GREAT testimonial about Cozy Pure, and just what I’m looking for.

At any rate, apologies to the extent this is repetitive, but would love to hear peoples thoughts/experiences with these brands.

Thanks!

Hi mhorbein.

We are so happy to hear you feel this way! Thank you for the kind words. We are glad you’ve been able to learn from the resources TMU offers, and also the ongoing conversations in the forum!

We love all four companies you mentioned and do hope that if anyone has had a recent experience with any of them, that they’ll chime in with useful information. As you pointed out, reviews tend to be questionable, but genuine testimonials about the process, and a “review” of the mattress after having slept on it for the appropriate amount of time can certainly be useful.

Shoot! It’s too bad they don’t offer those options. A dealbreaker is a dealbreaker, though, so I understand the hesitation on that front.

I don’t usually make this recommendation, but the r/mattresses topic on Reddit is usually hustling and bustling. You may be able to weed through what is obviously not useful to find additional information to help you make your decision, since you’ve already exhausted the search option here on the forum.

If you have any other questions arise, we are always here to help!
NikkiTMU