Thanks for all the info - looks like it will be Sleep on Latex

Thanks for all the info. A lot to sort through. My daughter pointed me here when I was asking her about the mattress she & her boyfriend bought (Keetsa). My taste have stayed within the futon feel for most of my like.
There was a good section of time that I use to go to a local foam company to buy foam that they’d cut custom for me. I was the first person that they ever had do that and they use to talk to me about the different foam quality’s - this was about 40 years ago. I remember when they first introduced me to a sample of solid latex. The latex response was very different , and at the time expensive…
I put together a very good sleeping combination for myself, years ago, that has now run it’s course. Basically a 7 or 8 inch cotton futon (one I had been flipping and fluffing for many years) with a foam cored cotton futon on top. Every one that spent time and spent on that combination thought it was very comfortable.
Having done yoga since I was in middle school, having a firm but soft and forgiving sleep platform has been my pleasure. I like the lack of motion transmission and fluffed cotton or wool is so very nice to sink into, not a deep sink but very comforting. Alas as time has continued, I don’t get the same pleasure in my monthly futon punching exercise.
I’m planning on the trying the Sleep on Latex 9 inch Medium Pure Green Queen.
I might end up springing for a 2 inch wool topper as I think I might like that initial feel like that of a futon.
ciao

Hi zenfort,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the detail on your past mattress experiences and rationale for your next mattress purchase.

[quote]I’m planning on the trying the Sleep on Latex 9 inch Medium Pure Green Queen
I might end up springing for a 2 inch wool topper as I think I might like that initial feel like that of a futon…[/quote]
The Dunlop latex used in the Pure Green will certainly have a more buoyant feel as compared to your old futon, but you may enjoy that as you mentioned. And the extra wool topper certainly could be beneficial as well. Sleep on Latex is a member here, which means that I do think highly of them and their products.

I’ll be interested in learning about your final choice.

Phoenix

After researching I decided to get the Sleep on Latex - Queen 9’ Medium Sleep on Latex. For one thing I thought that their use of a wool pad incorporated into the mattress would add to the progressive nature that I find very comfortable. A wool (or cotton) fill over the latex should give that initial softness that then progresses to a firmness I like. One inch of wool is not enough to foster that progression. My bed partner also requires a initial softness that the SOL does not posses. She has metal and screws in her back knee and arm. I added a Holy Lamb Organics Quilted Ultimate Wool Mattress Topper to my Sleep on Latex. My mate and I are happy now. With a separate topper it is very easy to do the maintenance fluffing that the wool requires.I believe the quality of the Sleep on Latex mattress and the quality of the organic wool topper should give us continuous great sleeping for some time to come (I certainly hope so with the combined cost). I suggest maybe SOL sell some separate wool toppers as they have a source for the wool they use in the mattresses - for me the best combined bed to sleep on.

Hi zenfort,

Thanks for your update and congratulations on your new Sleep on Latex mattress! :cheer: I’m happy that you were able to achieve the level of wool plushness on top that you desired with the addition of the Holy Lamb wool topper. While I don’t know that Sleep on Latex is interested in offering wool toppers as part of their product line (wool toppers are quite a different product/process than quilting wool to a covering), they do monitor the forum so I’m sure they’ll see your suggestion!

Phoenix