The 10 in. Tuft & Needle Diary

i ordered a mattress last week. I emailed them after I ordered and they gave me the discount as a credit on my credit card.

Hi Dasupertech,

There isn’t a discount code but as Seri mentioned all you need to do is call or email them to let them know you are a member of the forum here and they will credit the discount to the card that you used for the purchase within a few days.

Phoenix

Thank you all for your very informative posts! They have helped me tremendously in deciding on ordering a Tuft & Needle 10" mattress. I"m looking forward to it arriving and to giving my review. Thanks again!

Hi ImGinger,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m also looking forward to your comments and feedback when you receive it.

Phoenix

So, I saw where members could extend their sleep trial by 30 days. Well, when I inquired about it, Tuft & Needle informed me of their new (and awesome) trial and return policy. In case anyone else hasn’t read about it yet, here it is, and it’s wonderful!

"Thanks for reaching out to us!

I have some great news for you! We have recently upgraded from our 30-night sleep trial to a 100-night sleep trial. This means you get 100 nights to try the mattress out and let us know what you think.

If you find that you are unsatisfied with our product our return policy is simple:

Email us
Donate the mattress to a local charity
Email us a picture of the donation receipt 

Once we have your donation receipt, we provide you a full refund that goes back on your card in about 2-3 business days. If you find that you’re having some trouble finding a place to donate the mattress–no worries! We’re experts at finding donation locations and would be happy to help you with some options.

I hope this information helps! Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with. Have a great day and happy Zzz’s :)"

Hi ImGinger,

As you mentioned they changed their trial period from 30 days to 100 days about a month ago so the trial period extension for the forum members here was no longer relevant and I removed the extended trial on the members directory here and the online list here (see post #420 here).

Thanks for the reminder so that others that haven’t visited their site will also know that it’s now 100 days.

Phoenix

Thank you. Somehow, I missed that, but it was a pleasant surprise to read about the new policy. And I just love their return policy if the mattress doesn’t work out. I mean, how cool is that - encouraging us to donate the mattress to receive a refund. Thanks again!

I applaud their effort to donate a used mattress to a worthy charity, but someone has to pay for those returned/rejected mattresses. That someone has to be the customer who keeps the mattress. They must average it out and build it into the purchase price.

Nothing is free. :wink:

Hi PapaMike,

[quote]I applaud their effort to donate a used mattress to a worthy charity, but someone has to pay for those returned/rejected mattresses. That someone has to be the customer who keeps the mattress. They must average it out and build it into the purchase price.

Nothing is free. ;)[/quote]

Your right that everything that is included as a “free bonus” with any purchase (including mattresses) is built into the cost of the product and free return/exchange policies or free delivery etc are all built into the cost of a mattress and the majority of people who don’t return or exchange a mattress are the ones who pay for the minority of people that do (see post #25 here).

Phoenix

After reading various reviews and part of this thread, we’ve decided to try the Tuft & Needle. I was wondering though. Do they not make the five inch anymore?

Hi rioerdana,

They still sell the five inch mattress on Amazon here but it’s fulfilled by Amazon and isn’t sold directly by Tuft & Needle so your purchase would be subject to the 30 day Amazon large item return policy and the return costs involved (see post #11 here) instead of the Tuft & Needle 100 day free return policy and you wouldn’t be eligible for the TMU discount.

Outside of a mattress for a guest bedroom or a child though … I think that the 10" would probably be a better choice for most people.

Either way though … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Bought a king T&N a few weeks ago. The shipment box was very damaged and mattress showed some damage as well.

Emailed T&N and received a prompt replacement for Jordan and Leanna.

It’s very easy to unpack and move after it uncoils. I’ve been sleeping well. It took some getting used to a mattress that isn’t innerspring or memory foam. You sleep more on top of it. It also sleeps much cooler (90 degrees here) than memory foam and has pretty good edge support.

Jim

Hi jchandlo,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback … I appreciate it. Your experience with your damaged mattress is one of many examples of how seriously they take good customer service.

It’s sounds like you made a great choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix

We received our queen T&N mattress 2 days ago and it has been airing out in our spare bedroom. This bed will be for guests and for one of us if we are sick and don’t want to keep our spouse up all night with our coughing, etc. We’ll try it out and report back once we get some bedding for it.
The smell was minimal when the mattress was opened and after a couple of days with the bedroom window open I don’t notice much residual smell. :slight_smile:

Hi Seri,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback as well once you’ve had the chance to sleep on it.

Phoenix

I think im going to jump on this as its on sale right now for $359. Any more updates from those who have it?

Hi johnms88,

Just for reference and for the sake of others who read this … the 10% discount for mattresses ordered from the Dreamfoam site is an ongoing discount.

You are certainly looking at a great quality/value choice and it’s very rare to find such high quality materials or the kind of options you would have to adjust the comfort and support of a mattress in this budget range.

Phoenix

Just received our queen mattress yesterday, wife already loves it! It’s a bit firmer than I like but hopefully it breaks in well for me.

Hi Gazel,

Congratulations on your new mattress … and thanks for the update :slight_smile:

As you know there will certainly be a break in and adjustment period for any new mattress as the foams lose any of their “false firmness” and the cover loses any of its initial stiffness and your body gets used to a new sleeping surface that is different from what you were sleeping on (see post #3 here). There are also some suggestions in post #2 here that may be helpful as well.

I’m looking forward to any updates you have the chance to share once you have had the chance to sleep on it for a few weeks.

Phoenix

Thanks Phoenix,

It is because of your site and this forum that we took a serious look and purchased the T&N.

While I am still adjusting to the king, the feedback on this forum and your reviews helped me step outside the retail store ‘box.’

Jim