The Great Mattress Hunt....

I am also partaking in the great mattress hunt. First time buying a mattress and I’ve been using this site to try and find out as much information as I can. So far during our tests my fiancé and I find that we are really enjoying the latex mattresses from the Healthy Back store in Columbia MD. We live in Glen Burnie (21060), and I’ve gone through Phoenix’s list of retailers in the area from Post number 2 here. So far I haven’t been able to find a retailer that has any latex or latex hybrid that has the same comfort and support as the Healthy Back store. The two beds my fiancé and I are looking at are the Essence and the Peace. I appreciate the post from Sunlover because I believe the salesperson misunderstood me when I asked for ILD ratings for the mattress because he called the manufacturer and was told it was 36 for all layers which didn’t make much sense so I’m thinking I only got the support layer. He gave me the number for the manufacturer and I left a message for them to call me back so I can confirm Sunlover’s post and I also sent an email to the healthy back website asking the same.

What I’m hoping to gain from this post is how good a value these latex mattresses are since this is my first go round. My understanding of the specs of the two mattresses right now are as followed:

Essence:
$3120 (Flat King)
1" Celsion Talalay latex at 15 ILD
2" Talalay latex at 24 ILD
6" support Talalay at 36 ILD
1" stabilization base at 40 ILD

Peace:
$2240 (Flat King)
1" Talalay S latex at 28 ILD
6" support latex light (Dunlop?)
1" stabilization base

The information for the Peace I got here. The salesman said that all the latex mattresses were only Talalay but the post for the Peace says the support layer is Dunlop, can anyone confirm? The post for the Peace is almost two years old and I would like to be accurate as possible.

I believe the prices include mattress and foundation and the salesman said he’d “throw in” 2 of their high end pillows which run about $120 each. I was also told that both mattresses are a 70/30 blend of mostly synthetic Talalay.

Some general information on my fiancé and myself. I’m about 6’2" and 175 lbs and she’s 5’2" 125 lbs. she’s mostly a side sleeper. I generally can sleep in any position though when I’m having trouble I find my stomach to be the most comfortable.

Are these good value mattresses? I will get a 5% military discount that is not considered in the prices I quoted.