The Perfect Sleep Chair

I am a 72-year-old female side sleeper having problems with my hips and lower back. Last night slept on my 20-year old leather Barcalounger. Issue was the chair is not long enough to support my ankles and feet.

So, on the internet, I found a product called “The Perfect Sleep Chair” made with “overstuffed, high density flex foam”". That makes me nervous.

Has anyone tried this chair – and if so, what is your opinion?

Hi traderlady,

I don’t have any personal experience with the “sleep chair” but hopefully any of the members here that have purchased one will see your post and share their experience with it.

I’m not so sure what the advantages of sleeping in a chair would be compared to a mattress on an adjustable base although it does offer “heat therapy” that you wouldn’t normally find on an adjustable base. I would also be cautious about sleeping on leather because of potential temperature regulation issues and for sleeping the microfiber may be a better choice. Sleeping in a chair also limits the size of the sleeping surface that you can choose and I would think it would also be more difficult to find sheets and bedding that would fit. If you prefer to sleep in other positions besides your back then having a position adjustable sleeping system would also have limited benefits for actual sleeping.

Overall (and bearing in mind that I’ve never tried it) I think it would be great for napping but I personally don’t think I would choose it for regular every night sleeping.

The “high density flex foam” is polyfoam and I would want to know the density which would be the most important factor in the durability of the foam and how quickly it would soften or break down with regular use.

Phoenix

Thanks for the reply and your comments about microfiber being a better choice than leather. Still waiting to hear from anyone with personal experience.

Also, considering a SleepEZ product:

“5D” (medium) frame @ $1250
The recommended matress for @200lbs-one 3"matress on top of another 3" mattress on top of a 3" firm all combined in one–price $1675
total $2925.
I like the features i.e. doesn’t sleep warm, non allergenic, breathable, doesn’t fold around you like therapeutics, 20 yr warranty, 90 day trial, no tax, free delivery and delivery and set ups, etc.

Pheonix, any comments? Anyone else?

Hi traderlady,

You can see my comments in my reply to the same post in your other topic here.

Phoenix

There are quite a few reviews here. However, reviews like these, both pro and con, are worth exactly what you pay for them. Hopefully you can get a reply from the manufacturer regarding specifications, as those would be more meaningful as a means to evaluate the product.

I recently had a similar situation with a family member who slept in a recliner because of back discomfort. We made the transition to a mattress in a power foundation and it has been a much better situation.

Hi everyone, I need a chair to sleep, can you share the information? Which site selection and buying criteria are good? thanks everyone

There are quite a few reviewshttp://productsadvisors.com here . However, reviews like these, both pro and con, are worth exactly what you pay for them. Hopefully you can get a reply from the manufacturer regarding specifications, as those would be more meaningful as a means to evaluate the product.

Hi @blackorchid66

Welcome to our Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I agree with Jeff’s comments that other people’s comments or reviews no matter how well-meaning they are can do more harm than good if you did not define your own set of personal criteria to go by and deterimed what is important to you according to your own personal value equation … along with finding the specifics of the product (component specs and features) to evaluate and run it by this criteria. While you’re looking at a more specialized sleeping product I’d still suggest starting with the mattress shopping tutorial here. which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and perhaps, more importantly, know how and why to avoid the worst ones. There is also more about the 3 most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase (also applies to sleep chairs) in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between products in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of the product compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase if your choice doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for).

Aside from the few pointers, I mentioned in Post #2 here maybe someone that owns or has some experience with a “sleep chair” sees your post and can offer some input for you.

Phoenix

Recently I was looking for a sleep chair and I finally bought one. Giantex Sleeper Chair
I have also found some other good options of it like, FCH folding chair, DHP chaise lounge chair and LANGRIA living padded recliner sofa chair.

Hope you like it!

I know it’s an old thread, but maybe it will be a timely resurrection for someone

I want recommend American Furniture Alliance Children’s Studio Chair Sleeper Jr. Twin 24″ like this Best Sleeper Chair Reviews: Fold Out, Pull Out, and Convertible Models! exactly what I was looking for when I tried to find a fold-out chair for my 2 year old’s new room. He absolutely loves this thing. It’s the perfect size. I like that it is light enough to be portable so he can carry it to his siblings room in the event he ever wants to sleep in there for the night. When the chair is folded out, there is plenty of room for him to lay, and lots of growing room (the other children’s fold-out chairs I considered were extremely small and he would not have been able to use them past 3-4 years old) - it’s even long enough for me to lay on and I’m 5’6". We use this every night to sit and read books before bedtime, but I rarely have to vacuum it - even with 2 cats; the fabric doesn’t seem to hold pet hair (though the pets aren’t allowed in the room, it doesn’t pull hair from our clothing). Very pleased with this purchase.

I know this thread too old but I think its help to you buy a best chair for sleeping. Many be its not helpful perverse person but many be it helpful for those people how join after me the best of the best sleeping chair which i personal used was Domesis Renu Leather Power Lift Chair Recliner. If you want to buy it search recliner shunt.