The Serta iComfort mattress ... what's the buzz

Hi MidwestGirl,

I merged your thread with the main iComfort thread which has lots of information in it about the iComfort and many people who have looked elsewhere for better quality and value. An analysis and review of the original iComfort lineup is in post #11 here.

This article will also help you avoid most of the traps of mattress shopping (and avoid the major brands and chain stores as well).

In almost every case, the best quality mattresses and the most knowledgeable people who can help both educate consumers about the materials that are used in their mattresses and have much better value are local factory direct manufacturers or smaller sleep shops that sell smaller independent or local brands. They are “mattress people” who are far more interested in helping you find a mattress that will suit you for the long term than they are in selling you a high profit margin lower value mattress that will benefit the outlet far more than it will benefit you. These are the types of mattresses that are designed to sell in the highly managed and subjective environment of many mattress showrooms but will rarely be what people need or even prefer in the long term. This article will help you recognize some of the qualities of these better outlets. The overviews in the mattresses section of the site will help give you all you need to know to ask better questions and more importantly to be able to tell when you are getting accurate information from a knowledgeable person or whether you are being “sold” a story rather than a mattress. Scanning the overviews (not “studying” which isn’t necessary at all) will make you more of an expert than most of the people in the industry that sell mattresses.

The more the outlet or the person helping you has the knowledge, skills, and selection of good quality and value mattresses to help you make your best choices , the less you have to learn :slight_smile:

If you let me know which city you live in or your zip … I’d be happy to look and see if I know of any better outlets or factory direct manufacturers in your area.

Phoenix