There's a bug in the user verification emails

I wasn’t sure where to put this, but I just signed up for this site and I had a hard time validating my email.

The confirmation link in the “Confirm your new account” has the correct text, but the URL it sent me to was a tracking link.

I was able to validate my email address by copy-pasting the text of the URL, but it’s probably preventing some people from successfully registering.

@NikkiTMU
@phoenix

4 Likes

Welcome to The Mattress Underground, and thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about this.

You are correct — the confirmation link should take you directly to the account verification page, and you should not have had to copy and paste the displayed URL manually to complete your registration.

I’m glad you were able to work around it and successfully activate your account. We’re going to investigate the email-link behavior on our side, as this could potentially affect other new members as well.

Thank you again for reporting it, and welcome to the forum!
@Arifur, @DimaV, @uxfo

3 Likes

Hi @cb42,

Here is a short update for you and for the visitors who may encounter the same issue.
We’ve been able to reproduce the issue and have identified what is causing the confirmation link to fail. Our development team will be correcting it as soon as they’re able.

In the meantime, if anyone encounters the same problem, please copy the visible confirmation URL from the email and paste it directly into a new browser tab rather than clicking the link.

We appreciate you taking the time to report this — it helped us track down the problem quickly.

Phoenix

1 Like