Thomasville Latex Mattresses

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the new Thomasville hybrid latex mattresses, specifically the ULTRA 970? I have been trying to research reviews but nothing has come up on them. The specifications are
from top: to bottom of mattress:
3’ Talalay,
patented perimeter support,
3’‘Dunlop .
3’ convoluted comfort foam,
Channel vented foam spring.

My research has indicated that a mix of talalay and dunlop offers good support, but i don’t know about the foam spring and the convoluted comfort foam.
Any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks

Hi sammy30,

Hopefully you’ve read the mattress shopping tutorial here but two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

While other people’s comments or reviews about the knowledge, service, and guidance of a particular business can certainly be helpful … I would avoid using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (see post #13 here).

Outside of PPP … the most important part of the value of a mattress purchase is durability and the durability and useful life of a mattress depends on its construction and the type and quality of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label so I would always make sure that a retailer or manufacturer you are considering is willing and able to provide you with the information listed here so you can compare the materials and components to the quality/durability guidelines to make sure there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress before making any purchase.

The Thomasville Ultra 970 is a 13" mattress so the specs you listed are incomplete (they only add up to 9"). If you can find out all the information in the article I linked about the materials and components in the mattress and post them on the forum I’d certainly be happy to make some comments about the quality and durability of the materials and the mattress “as a whole” but without knowing the specifics of all the layers and components in a mattress it’s not really possible to make any meaningful comments about it or make any meaningful value comparisons with other similar mattresses.

I’m also assuming that you have tested the mattress in person (hopefully using the testing guidelines in the tutorial) to make sure that the mattress is a good match for you in terms of PPP (or there is a good exchange return policy if you haven’t) because how well you sleep on a mattress is always the most important part of the “value” of a mattress purchase and there may be some latex/polyfoam hybrid mattresses that you sleep very well on and others that are similar may be completely unsuitable for you to sleep on. In terms of “comfort” and PPP … the specific design of a mattress is more important than the type of materials inside it.

The Talalay latex and the Dunlop latex would both be durable materials but some of the other layers in the mattress may be the weakest link of the mattress in terms of durability and the useful life of the mattress and there may also be other similar mattresses available to you that use similar materials that would be just as “comfortable” and just as durable that are in much lower budget ranges.

Phoenix