Tired of the mattress hunt

Hello all!
I’m sure you all get this request, but could you be willing to help me find the right mattress? I’ve read over you site for hours (including the start place) & looked at many other sites. I am moving in a week from Nashville to Lubbock, TX. I’m just tired of researching. I’m open to an exact place to go and what to get.

Here is some info about our needs:

• My wife and i are fan of natural/organic but would rather have a quality mattress
  • I have a bad lower back and neck
  • My wife and I sleep very hot
  • I’m 6’, 175lbs, athletic build, wide shoulder
  • my wife is 5’6", 135lbs, regular build, long arms and legs
  • I sleep on my back and side
  • my wife on her side
  • I am open to latex, memory foam, springs…doesn’t matter, just need a good bed
  • can get local or online - though we only live in nashville for 1 more week and our time is very consumed with getting ready to go
  • we are willing to spend what we need…preferably with financing
  • i would prefer a little softer but need support, my wife is more a firm, but we can meet at a medium …after testing some mattresses who knows though? I just need something that works

I had it whittled down to savvy rest and selectabed but seriously, I’m open to anything. Thanks so so so much. Any help is much appreciated.
Tired

Hi nowhammystop,

If you’ve read the tutorial post then you will know that nobody else can feel what you feel on a mattress and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone else to be able to tell you which specific mattress to buy based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or which retailer or manufacturer you may prefer to deal with (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here). The best that anyone can do is to help you with “how” to choose rather than “what” to choose. There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here but if you follow the steps in the tutorial post one at a time then you will have the best chance of finding a mattress in your budget range that is suitable for you, uses durable materials, and compares well to all your finalists based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

There are good quality versions of all the different materials that are used in mattresses and I’m not sure of the reasons you have a preference for organic materials (different people prefer organic for many different reasons) but post #2 here and the posts it links to has more information about organic, natural, safe, and green materials that along with your testing and preferences can help you decide which types of materials you are most comfortable with having in your mattress.

Outside of the online options that are linked in the tutorial post (under the “optional online step”) … the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Nashville area (subject to following all the steps in the tutorial post) are listed in post #7 here and the list for the Lubbock area is in post #2 here.

I’m certainly happy to help with any specific questions you may have about the materials in your mattress or to act as a “fact check” for the information you will encounter but the “what should I buy” types of questions will need to be based on your own testing, personal experience, and criteria and preferences.

Phoenix