Top Ranked Mattresses on Other Sites- I really need help

Hi EZ4HZ,

These are very different types of sites completely. Sleeplikethedead is a site that amalgamates reviews and then publishes the results. You can see my thoughts about them in post post #2 here and about the “value” of reviews in general in post #13 here and post #4 here.

The second site you linked is just another “so called” expert site that is really just an advertising site (see here) that contains no meaningful information. There is also more about other “so called” expert sites that you will see all over the internet in post #12 here.

They list Amerisleep on their main page which along with its sister companies Astrabeds and Simply Rest also run many fake review or “expert” sites that are just designed to sell their mattresses (see post #2 here and the posts it links to).

Even Consumer Reports has completely dropped the ball when it comes to mattresses (see post #2 here and this topic).

The idea of “rating” a mattress without taking into account the person sleeping on it or the quality and durability of the materials in the mattress is questionable at best and deceptive at worst. There is more about what I would consider to be the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here.

The best place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that can help you make the best possible choice … and know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

I would be cautious about Lucid and I would read post #6 here and post #2 here along with this topic and the posts they link to before considering them. A forum search on Lucid (you can just click the link) will also bring up more information about them as well.

I would also be very cautious about Sarah Peyton and I would make sure you know the quality/density of all the layers inside any mattress you are considering so you can identify any weak links and make more meaningful comparisons to other mattresses. I would also read post #6 here about compressed mattresses that are made in China. While I don’t normally pay much attention to reviews … there is a clear pattern with this one of mattresses that didn’t decompress to their full height and durability issues that happened in a short period of time. They are also not on the CertiPur list*.

ADMIN NOTE: *Removed 404 link|Archived Footprint: certipur.us/pages/for-consumers/find-products/

You can see some comments about Dynasty in posts #3 and #4 here and a forum search on Dynasty (you can just click the link) will bring up more information about them as well. Again … I would always make sure you know the density of all the layers in any mattress you are considering.

You can see my thoughts about Signature Sleep in post #2 here. The only way to know how suitable any mattress will be for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) will be based on your own personal experience.

There is more about the different ways one mattress can “match” another one in post #9 here. They certainly don’t match in terms of their design or the quality of the materials and while the only way to know whether they will feel similar to another mattress to you would be based on your own personal experience … I would guess that they don’t since most of them have only relatively thin layers of memory foam.

Overall … you are looking at some questionable and “high risk” online purchases with these types of “race to the bottom” mattresses IMO.

Some of the better online options that I’m aware of in lower budget ranges are listed in post #4 here.

Beloit is one of the members of this site which means that I think very highly of them and I believe they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency although they are a fair distance away from you and would be a fairly long drive. A forum search on Beloit (you can just click the link) will bring up more information and feedback about them as well

There are many iComfort mattresses but again … the only way to know whether the Solace would feel similar to any one of them to you would be based on your own personal testing and experience.

Appleton Sleep Shop is one of the better “possibilities” in the Green Bay list here and would certainly be worth considering (subject to the guidelines that I linked earlier about the “value” of a mattress purchase).

Gflex is a gel memory foam made by Flexible Foam but the quality of any memory foam or polyfoam material depends on the density (see this article).

Phoenix