Trundle Bed Options

Hello,

I’m looking for a 6 and 8 inch mattress for a new trundle bed in our guest room. These mattresses would be used by kids but also adult guests so I’m hoping to find something that’s works for a wide range of sleepers and would be durable and long lasting (but likely won’t get a ton of use). Does anyone have any advice or recommendations? I don’t really have a preference regarding material. Looks like Texas Mattress Makes and Richmond bedding both have 8 inch memory foam options but I can find any Info on the density/quality. Those any good? Others? Any decent six inch mattresses out there?

Cheers
Matt

Hello again, Matt!

Nice to see that you’ve already been talking to Arizona Premium!
Generally, for growing children, you want something more in the “medium” to “medium-firm” range, due to their epiphyseal plate and postural formation. Also 6 " - 8" " is a good height to also use for guest sleepers. If you’re looking for something using polyurethane foam, You’d want at least CertiPUR-US certification for the foam. You’ll tend to find your best price with traditional innerspring style mattresses for this particular application. If you desire something more “natural”, but want to keep the cost as low as possible, you could do something like this this (Arizona Pr) or ( SleepEZ, dual-sided Roma). There are of course plenty of other options as you discovered.

Texas Mattress Makers and Richmond Bedding are also both Trusted Members on our site and like all the members here I think very highly of and consider them to be among the best in the industry. Richmond Bedding also has a dedicated forum, and I know they’d be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Both use high quality, durable materials, and have exceptional customer service. I did a little additional digging and was able to find that the 8" memory foam mattress from Texas Mattress Makers has two layers: There are two layers an inch or so of 1.5 lb and one layer of the 2.5 lb.

Flexus has their “Factory Select Latex Mattress” which may be worth a look.
FloBeds has the “Student Mattress” which is 6" – but both of these mattresses are marketed more for kids and young adults.
Both Flobeds and Flexus are Expert Members on the site as well, with dedicated forums where you can ask them questions about their mattresses!

Other 8" mattresses to consider are…
Magic Sleepers all-foam mattress.
The 8" Hope Latex from My Green Mattress

I feel fairly confident that you’ll be able to find something for your trundle bed by perusing what our Trusted Members have to offer!

Best of luck and keep us posted!

Phoenix

Thanks so much for the detailed response and information. I will do some digging on the recommendations you provided.

Hi Rosenthal311.

You are more than welcome. I look forward to hearing any updates or questions you may have!

Phoenix