Trying to decide between CozyPure and Savvy Rest...or Essentia...

:blink: Thank you so much, Phoenix, and members, for all the helpful information on here! I’ve read the basics and have done alot of shopping and researching, but here in Ann Arbor, even though we’re a very green city, there aren’t many eco-mattress shops.

So I’m trying to decide between a CozyPure Pure Perfection and a Savvy Rest Serenity pillowtop. We would like to get as close as possible to a memory foam feel, or at least pressure relief. (I’d actually love to try an Essentia Dormeuse, but I can’t justify spending $6K!). We need medium-firm support plus excellent pressure relief.

We loved the feel of TempurPedic Cloud Supreme and Luxe but I don’t want the chemicals, the heat problem, nor do i want to shop with the crappy big box retailer here in town.

Anybody have any thought on choosing between these two companies/mattresses? I’m leaning toward CozyPure but I love the adjustability of Savvy Rest. I’ve looked at Natura too, but honestly, the messy, hard to navigate website puts me off.

And if anyone out there has an Essentia and thinks it’s worth every penny, I’d love to hear about that too!

Hi Kiasana,

I would first explore any local retailers that may carry a latex mattress so you can do as much testing as popssible and make sure you are familiar with the differences in “feel” between the fast response of latex and the slow response of memory foam even though in terms of pressure relief they are very comparable. The better possibilities I’m aware of in the Ann Arbor area are listed in post #2 here.

You can see some of my thoughts and discussions about and with Essentia in this thread along with this thread.

A forum search on Savvy Rest will bring up many comments about them but essentially they can be summarized with “good quality materials but not great value”.

CozyPure is one of the members of this site which means that I believe they are among the best quality and value in the country for those who are in the market segment that is more focused on green, natural, and organic materials and manufacturing. You can see more of my thoughts about them in post #11 here and a forum search on CozyPure (you can just click this) will bring up more information and feedback as well including some pictures and feedback from TDI Hoo who purchased the Perfection.

Hope this helps.

Phoenix

Wow, all those links helped alot, especially all the posts by TDI Hoo. Thank you!!

We currently sleep on a Sealy Reflexion mattress…it’s not very good quality, IMHO. It felt great at first when I slept on it as a single. Add my husband, and it became a completely different mattress. It doesn’t have enough support for his back or pressure relief for my shoulders.

So even though I don’t really like the latex mattress we have now, I DO like the feel of a quality latex mattress. The only one I have been able to try out in that category is the Savvy Rest Tranquility. It felt very nice in the store. And while I LOVE the feeling of memory foam in the store, I have to remind myself that i have HATED sleeping on a memory foam topper…hate the feel, hate the heat, the slow response. And while I’m sure a topper is different from a quality MF mattress, still…I think in the long run that I won’t like it.

BTW, the one dealer here in Ann Arbor, Dragon’s Lair, ONLY carries Savvy Rest now. She had trouble with Land and Sky–said they were difficult to deal with, but Savvy Rest was wonderful to work with.

So I plan to call CozyPure this week and ask some specific questions to determine what is best for us…I have a feeling that we’ll end up with the same setup as TDI Hoo.

Hi Kiasana,

Unfortunately Sealy uses much lower quality latex (synthetic latex) in most of their latex mattresses and the comfort layers which are the weak link of a mattress use mainly polyfoam rather than latex. Their old Sealy Springfree line and now the Stearns & Foster Luxury latex line are all the same unfortunately. It seems that for many people the softening of the polyfoam becomes very obvious … particularly in the versions that have more of it … at about the 3 - 5 year mark and sometimes sooner.

Memory foam can be a “love it or hate it” material and it certainly has “weaknesses” that latex doesn’t have even though they are roughly equivalent in terms of their ability to relieve pressure. You are probably wise to avoid it if your experience indicates you don’t do well with it in the long term.

Thanks for the heads up and for helping keep the information here up to date. I’ve changed their listing to reflect what they currently carry.

I think you will be impressed with their knowledge, transparency, and willingness to help and provide you with good information. They are truly “mattress people”. Of course if you do decide to make your mattress purchase there … don’t forget to let them know you are a member of the forum so they will give you your 5% discount on the mattress.

Phoenix

I have no experience with Savvy Rest products, for starters. But after 6 months with the CozyPure Pure Performance Perfection Plush (3 layer mattress), we have had no issues and are sleeping extremely well. There are no odors or offgassing (never were), and there is no sagging and the quality of the ticking and fabrics of the mattress, Lanoodle toppers, Lanoodle pillows, and mattress pad is just amazing and easy to take care of. Could not be happier with this sleep system. We got the kids Lanoodle pillows, too, just because they are so comfy. Temperature regulation is a non issue with this system. The mattress does not seem to particularly gain or lose heat, and there is plenty of air circulation. Some of this is due to the holes in the mattress layers, and the some is due to the quality covers and breathable mattress pad. Call Cheryl or Hans. It looks like it is about $430 round trip from Detroit to Norfolk. Go visit and spend a day or two in Virginia Beach or on the Chesapeake Bay in a few weeks when it is warmer and visit CozyPure if you need to “experience” the mattress in person. :cheer: :lol: B) People are surprised how nice Hampton Roads is in warm weather.

I am still not affiliated with CozyPure in any way. The biggest problem with the mattress is the weight, which makes changing sheets more work than with an innerspring mattress. Just be prepared with any latex mattress. Will have to get the 2 kids to help us rotate the mattress 180 degrees. Wife and I are getting stronger arms, as a result. The value equation for an organic mattress in terms of comfort vs price is individual. You do not have to worry about quality, just whether or not the price premium for a truly Green, organic company with great customer service is something you support. We looked at mattresses once again today for our daughter, but are not getting her a latex mattress. The Pure Performance Perfection soft is indeed close in terms of plushness/comfort to the Tempurpedic Cloud Luxe, but is obviously faster response. Latex does not equal memory foam. Good luck!

Thanks TD, I really appreciate your information and help.
I spoke with Hans yesterday and ordered our mattress! Or more specifically, I ordered the Hotel Collection. If we don’t feel it is soft enough, I can always add the extra soft 1.5" layer.
Hans was very helpful, informative and patient, as I had a long list of questions.
Because of vacation and work plans, we’re not going to have it delivered for several weeks, but as soon as we receive it, I will give a complete update.
The Hotel Collection was a great deal. You don’t get the extra 5% because it is already a discounted package, but Hans is going to give me a good deal on a mattress or LaNoodle for my son.
Yep, we have experience in wrestling a latex mattress. At least this one will arrive in two boxes. Hauling a queen unboxed is an Olympic event.

Hi Kiasana,

Congratulations on your new mattress … I think you made a great choice for your “sleeping system” :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your feedback as well once you’ve had it delivered and had a chance to sleep on it.

I’ll call Cheryl tomorrow as well just to clarify or confirm the 5% discount and post here when I have.

Phoenix